Priceline Hotel: Bidding for London England

Penny Slot machines
By Penny Slot machines,
in

When I submit a bid on Priceline for a hotel in London England, I assume I can bid in US Dollars and the current exchange rate will be applied, then charged to my credit card. Is there a way to know what exchange rate will be used??

I was wondering though if the VAT (usually about 20%) would be included in my bid price, or will it be added after the bid is accepted, resulting in a higher amount being charged.

Thanks for the help. With the price of hotels in London, and the high exchange rate, if I'm not successful on Priceline I will not make the trip over.

I've used PL for many London bids (I agree that without PL, I couldn't afford such trips either!). The exchange rate is already factored into the price, i.e. if you bid US$160/night, that's exactly what you pay irrespective of the actual underlying exchange rate. I know I always like to compare the US$ rate to the rack rate online (in pounds), but I've never been able to see exactly what the precise exchange rate was that was the basis for the PL bid. And the VAT will appear on your "final cost" summary before you actually agree to pay the amount on your bid. For example, if you bid US$160, the "Please review your request" window will pop up which then includes and reflects your taxes and PL fee. In the example of US $160/night bid, the actual amount you would pay would be about US$200/night, which you will see BEFORE actually clicking and placing your bid. Hope that helps!

Thank you so much, I feel much better about bidding now. I am taking a transatlantic cruise August 31 2012 from Harwich to Boston, and it would be a shame to not spend a few days in London pre cruise. Many of my fellow passengers are staying at a hotel in Westminster area, but the rate there is over $250/US, which is out of my budget. I figure if I bid on a 4* Westminster I can't go too far wrong, whatever hotel I get. I've used priceline a lot in the states, always been satisfied.

I am taking a transatlantic cruise August 31 2012...

You won't be able to bid for a few days yet. Once you're ready/able, please use the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your future bidding, searches and travel purchases.

Just bump this thread once you're ready to bid.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]