Priceline Hotel: Bidding help for 3* Eugene

the_godfather
By the_godfather,
in

The Hilton and Valley River Inn's websites show openings for 9/20 thru 9/26 but neither is listed on Hotwire for those days.

I'm hoping to get the Hilton through Priceline due to the proximity to downtown and since it's a little closer to the Cuthbert, but it looks like it's 50/50 on what hotel I'll get.

All the travel websites have the Hilton significantly cheaper than Valley River for my dates. Is this a good indication that I'd get the Hilton on Priceline?

I know there's no way to tell for sure but was hoping to narrow it down a bit if possible. If any Eugene residents read this, is there any hotels that's an easy walk to the Cuthbert? Both the LaQuinta and Red Lion hotels are sold out.

Thanks!

You can walk from the U of O side of the river - its not too far and there are many hotels. The Valley River Inn has started to come up on PRICELINE...previously I always got the Hilton. Valley River Inn is very run down and does not deserve a 3 start rating or to be listed at all IMHO based on 1 recent stay there. I no longer use Priceline or Hotwire for the Eugene area because of this. Check Travelocity for a complete listing of area hotels.

the_godfather,

If you'd like help with this stay please follow-up your previous San Francisco Priceline and Priceline NYC threads with whatever you ended up doing for each stay... then reply to this thread and we'll have a look at your post above.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with whatever you end up doing for the stay, even if you choose to book direct, cancel your trip, etc.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I ended up not using Priceline for San Francisco or NYC, thus no follow-up. If I can't win a room for a reasonable amount, I'll book directly from the hotel site to stay within a certain area (I usually fly and don't have access to a car).

Thanks for the info Mamiya, I'll check into hotels around the Univ. of Oregon campus.

I ended up not using Priceline for San Francisco or NYC, thus no follow-up.

Nobody reading your other threads will know to look here to see that you didn't use PRICELINE or HOTWIRE for those trips... even posting that you booked direct is a follow-up and will help other users by concluding your threads... please follow-up your previous threads.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. (and check our support page for your hotel direct purchases)

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

That Residence Inn is not all that new, as I have been staying there for a number of years, but, it is very nice and ideally located for walking over to the Cuthbert. I have never seen it on Priceline or Hotwire. The Hilton is not as new, but, if you are Hilton Gold or above, it has the best free breakfast buffet I have ever seen (outdoes the Beverly Hilton, in fact: fresh raspberries, blueberries, cooked to order omelets, etc. At $11 not a bad deal even if you are paying). But, my experience in bididng on Priceline has been that I wind up with the Valley River, which is well away from anything you want to do and I have not been happy with staying there: a big downgrade versus the Hilton. If you are able to tell that it is the Hilton you are getting on Priceline, grab it, otherwise, you may want to be careful. Hilton does charge $10 to park, though they will sometimes wave that. The Phoenix is good, also, and I have gotten that on Hotwire a time or two. Either the Hilton or the Phoenix will mean a substantially longer walk than the Residence Inn and Valley River will mean you are NOT walking.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]