Hotwire Hotel: new and need help

rapmarks
By rapmarks,
in

new to this forum and don't know where to begin. have never bid on Hotline. Tried priceline and was unsuccessful, bid up to $130 a night. Need two rooms june 24 to 26 for a wedding held at Art Institute in chicago. Have back up reservations at Amalfi for $200 a night. On this board I see that people have gotten attractive prices on Hotline. Want a decent hotel within short cab drive of Art Institute, would like complimentary breakfast and parking available. I would like to keep it to around $100 a night, but don't have any idea how to bid and how to access link for hotline. I too have Entertainment Book, but when I go to their site prices are near $400 a night. Checked list of hotels and several look attractive.

so first of all which boards should I read to learn more, and second how do i go about making a bid and how is Hotline different from Priceline.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

You stay takes place during two very large conferences totalling more than 50,000 attendees. Given the hotwire rates that you see i don't think you currently have a chance at a successful priceline bid for an 'upper tier' hotel at $100 or less... actully the rate at the Almafi looks quite good given the excellent reviews and prices we're seeing elsewhere.

If you wanted to lower your star quality or stay further outside of the Michigan Avenue area you could probably do better, but to be near the Art Institute is going to cost you the type of money you're currently looking at (and given the reviews above, i don't think i would look to save a few dollars and chance getting a lesser quality hotel that is still at the 'upper tier' of ratings). If on the otherhand you really don't want to spend $200/nite for a hotel and are willing to travel a bit to the wedding or go with a much lower star rating, then you may be able to save some money.

You can learn about both Priceline and hotwire and their differences here: I'VE NEVER USED PRICELINE or HOTWIRE.

Let us know your thoughts.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The only thing I see during those dates is what appears to be Hotel 71 for $209 a night

Mag Mile/Wacker Drive: Botique, Hi-Speed 'Net, Business, Fitness

There are times when Hotwire and Priceline offer excellent rates. It's just that when it gets busy in the city w/conventions (as theruare notes above, there are conventions during your time in the city), prices go up considerably.

To make a long story short, keep Hotwire and Priceline in mind for future trips, but this time around, I would definitely stick with the Amalfi.

There is pretty good mass transit available from O'Hare to the area around the Art Institute.

My sister walked to her wedding, because the church was only a couple blocks from her apartment, but taking the L to a wedding would be a new one. :)

There are things the CTA is good for, but this would not strike me as one of them. Fork over the money for downtown, or stay out in a cheaper suburb and drive in.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]