Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (MTW) Westin NY Times Square

sensasianl
By sensasianl,
in

Started at $110 with MTE and worked up in $5 increments adding two free rebids, then adding UM-CPS and free rebids, then finally MTW with free rebids. Was hoping to get a 4* for much less ($125-150) but was determined to go to NYC over July 4th since May/June was extremely high (rates were in the $300+ range) and did not want to go lower than 4*'s. This was my bidding strategy:

110 MTE

115 MTE UES

120 MTE UWS

125 MTE UWS UES

130 MTE UMCPS

135 MTE UMCPS UES

140 MTE UMCPS UWS

145 MTE UMCPS UWS UES

150 MTE MTW

155 MTE MTW UES

160 MTE MTW UWS

165 MTE MTW UWS UES

170 MTE MTW UMCPS, offer rejected but PL offered the chance to raise bid by $25 without changing zones/dates, I declined

175 MTE MTW UMCPS UES, rejected

180 MTE MTW UMCPS UWS, finally ACCEPTED!!

Good thing I did not take PL up on its offer to raise by $25. I tried to offer just $5 more but PL required me to raise by $25 or start again and change zones/dates, which I did by adding UES. I would have overbid by $15/night.

I would have gone up to $200, as I had been checking rates on HW and I could get a 4* for around $220. Turns out I saved about $40/night on the Westin using PL as it was going for $219 on HW. The hotel's got pretty good reviews and is in a good location for a first time visitor. Considering this is also a holiday weekend, I'm satisfied with the rate I got. I appreciate the help I've received from this site and hope my experience helps someone else.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

It didn't make a difference in your bidding, but perhaps this will help for future bids: One disadvantage to the way you bid is that the MTW zone can often be had for less than $150, your strategy above never gave yourself a chance to do so.

Enjoy your stay in NYC.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]