Priceline Hotel: Help bidding for SF downtown 31st Aug -> 2nd Sep

CARoadTrip
By CARoadTrip,
in

Yes, it's a very busy time in SF. Has been all summer. Hotwire doesn't have a single 4* or 3.5* hotel Downtown for 8/31-9/2, which is not a good sign. They've got a 2.5* in USW for $291 and a 2.5* in USE for $171. :) :)

If you can win a 4* Downtown on Priceline I think it may be in the $150-200 range.

Let us know your bidding limit for 4* and someone will offer a strategy.

Please use these HOTWIRE and PRICELINE links for your purchases.

Ouch! I guess this means we'll be paying more - in which case a 3* or 4* as close to $150 as possible. I think we will require a place in downtown, as we won't have any transport.

Is there a recommended strategy to try 4* and then 3* at a given price (did I read that priceline will upgrade if a 4* is available for a given price automatically..?)?

thanks!

You can bid to $150 for 4* first; then to $150 for 3.5*; then to $150 for 3*.

Or if you don't want to do all that bidding you can go straight to 3* and Priceline will upgrade you if a 3.5* or 4* has a lower Priceline rate than a 3*. Since you've got 3+ weeks to go I suggest trying for the 4* first.

When bidding for a 4* in SF you've got SIX rebid zones. Those are zones that only have hotels less than 4* quality.

When bidding for a 3.5* in SF you've got FIVE rebid zones. Fisherman's Wharf zone goes as high as 3.5*, so it's a rebid zone for 4* but not for 3.5*.

If you need help ID'ing your rebid zones feel free to ask.

First for 4*:

1) Click this PRICELINE link

2) Select USE, USW, SOMA, and Embarcadero and bid $120 for 4*.

3) If rejected add the six rebids, one at a time, raising your bid $5 with each, up to $150.

If that doesn't work exit Priceline and close browser to start over for 3.5*.

1) Click this PRICELINE link

2) Select USE, USW, SOMA, and Embarcadero and bid $125 for 3.5*.

3) If rejected add the five rebids, one a time, raising your bid $5 with each, up to $150.

If those don't work report back and someone will give a 3* strategy. 3* is a little trickier to bid because there's only one rebid zone for 3*.

Good luck!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]