Priceline Hotel: 3* Orange County (Dana Point) Marriott Laguna Clif

ewismer
By ewismer,
in

Needed a hotel anywhere in Orange County, preferrably near the water. Started 4* bids in Newport/Huntington at $50 and worked up thru $80 with no success. Switched to 3* in Newport/Huntington and Dana Point. Started at $30, went up to $50 with free zone bids, where I got the Marriott. I have stayed there before, if that is the only Marriott in Dana Point, and loved it! Was there on business 5 years ago, hope it is still the same.

Thank you for posting and sharing your win.

Did you go up on $5 increments so that your highest rejected bid before your $50 acceptance was at $45?

Enjoy your stay.... please let us know your thoughts on the current property by posting in the HOTEL REVIEWS section upon your return.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes, I did increase my bids by $5, so the last rejected bid was $45. BTW, after winning, I looked at the reviews for the hotel and was kind of shocked to see that they charge around $20 for parking. Is this a trend among hotels that use Priceline? Suddenly my price of $70 does not feel as good to me.

Suddenly my price of $70 does not feel as good to me.

It might start feeling good to you again when you find out the person in the room next to you paid $149 plus the same $20 for parking.

An amazing hotel and in the top five hotels I hope to one day to visit!!!

I looked at the reviews for the hotel and was kind of shocked to see that they charge around $20 for parking.  Is this a trend among hotels that use Priceline?

No, it's a trend among hotels in general. Especially in urban and resort areas, parking costs are added on to the room cost (and sometimes a resort fee as well). Even when I book a hotel directly, it is often not mentioned on their Web site that they charge a fee for parking. Many times I have had to phone the hotel to determine if they charge or not. It's not just hotels that use Priceline....

And as squeegee said, everyone will be paying that same parking fee, not just the PL users!

Thanks everyone. As a certified cheapskate, I do feel better at least knowing that everyone else is paying the same fee. Another BTW: Thereuare, how do I support this site? The info here has saved me a bundle using Priceline. I am now traveling alot for my own small sales business, and I use this site for every trip. Is there a way to sign on to Priceline that they give you a spiff for the referral? How can I repay you for all the help?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]