Priceline Hotel: 3* Columbia (Northwest) Holiday Inn and Suites Airport

KenH99
By KenH99,
in

Hi All,

This will be my second time using PRICELINE. First time in June with your help here we were quite satisfied.

This trip:

Sat. Aug. 6, one night, 3* in Columbia NW. While I know it's luck of the draw, we really would like Embassy Suites for its location and a 'guaranteed' suite. Also like their amenities. However, we're ok with the other 3* in the the Columbia NW zone.

Max price w/taxes & fees we'd like is $70, is that reasonable?

Please critique this bidding strategy.

Initial Bid 1 - 3* Columbia NW - 40$

Rebid 1 - Add Columbia I-20 East - 45$

Rebid 2 - Columbia Airport - 50$

Rebid 3 - Ft. Jackson - 55$

The 3 rebid zones are max 2.5* according to PL site about an hour ago.

Thanks!

Ken

Yes, your bidding strategy is sound, but you actually have FOUR re-bid zones available when bidding 3* in this area... if you only see three re-bid zones feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones before bidding. If you $55 is your maximum bid amount you could revise as follows:

Initial Bid 1 - 3* Columbia NW - 40$

Rebid 1 - Add Columbia I-20 East - 45$

Rebid 2 - Columbia Airport - 50$

Rebid 3 - Ft. Jackson - 53$

Rebid 4 - $55

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks!

Will add Lexington zone if needed.

Question: Are the PL zone maps precise? Just noticed that the PL map shows Embassy Suites actual location (Greystone Blvd. off I-126) in between the Columbia NW and Central Columbia zones, although closer to Columbia NW.

Can anyone confirm Embassy Suite zone?

As of this morning I need to wait a day or so to do the bidding due to Tropical Storm Emily popping up. Hopefully the SC coast forecast (live near Charleston) will firm up enough by then so we can decide whether it's prudent to make the trip.

Ken

You should assume that PRICELINE's maps are accurate (sometimes the mapping programs to find a location are not)

I don't know if this property is actually located east or west of Moore Hopkins Lane as i've seen two different mapping programs place it on either side. The only zone the Embassy Suites could be located in would be pirce.line's Northwest zone, for if it's East of More Hopkins it would be in any zone, but as i'm not familiar with this property, i don't know if it's an approximation error in the mapping program which puts the location east of More Hopkins Lane, if it's a rare PRICELINE mistake on the location, if the Embassy Suites is no longer participating in 'name your own price' from PRICELINE and the zone boundaries and been re-defined since this property was last reported to the board.

Let us know once you're ready/able to bid and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The E.S. IS east of Moore Hopkins, at the intersection of Greystone and Stoneridge. I'm familiar with the location and the Google Map below is correct, except that the hotel is on the SW corner of the intertsection. Link to google map:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=embassy+suit...138511&z=16

ALSO - I had submitted my initial bid this morning when I realized should wait to see what happens with the storm. I did not continue and have now lost the PL page to continue with the rebids. Do I need to wait 24 hrs to start over? As it looks now I could probably go ahead with the bidding tonite if I dont have to wait.

You can continue with the rebidding program any time during the 24 hour period, since each thing you are doing is a new thing.

However, when you finish the series is when that 24 hour clock is reset, so you'll have to wait a full 24 hours from the last thing you do before you start a new series.

Romelle

Based upon the google map, the Embassy Suites is outside of PRICELINE's zone, but if you look at this PRICELINE MAP you'll see that PRICELINE places the hotel inside the zone (and WEST of Moore Hopkins Lane).

Assuming PRICELINE believes the correct location is as per their placement, i could easily see how the zone boundary was drawn on the assumption that the property is in the Northwest zone. It sounds like you want this hotel, so it wouldn't be an issue should you win it, but if this was a property you diddn't want, i would think PRICELINE would refund your purchase, but only after you're able to get somebody on the phone who will do the research to confirm and has the authority to take action (which could be a little difficult pursuit)

was looking for a 3* in the Columbia NW zone for this coming Saturday night. Was willing to pay up to about 75 total.

Initial Bid - 3* Columbia NW - $40

Rebid 1 - Add Columbia I-20 East - $45 - Success!

Holiday Inn & Suites Columbia-Airport - 3*

Columbia Northwest

110 Mcswain Drive, West Columbia, SC 29169

12.65 Taxes & Fees (22%)

57.65 - Total.

Not Bad! Was hoping for Embassy Suites but this one should do just fine.

It's a new facility. Regualr cost from the Hol. Inn site for a weekend night is $105 + 11% taxes.

If I can get the room type I want it'll be icing on the cake. Know it's a longshot but will ask for suite, if no, then 2 queen beds.

I used the PRICELINE link from here to bid/book.

Thanks!

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you're pleased with the results and this is a new property which you're looking forward to trying out.

Thank you for using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding and sharing your win, helping us add this property to the Priceline Hotel List.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]