Priceline Hotel: Resort Orlando (Lake Buena Vista-Downtown Disney) Hyatt Grand Cypress

Lan
By Lan,
in

I used the PRICELINE.com link from this website.

Tried multiple times to secure hotel for 3 nights in Orlando near Universal Studios. I used the Priceline calendar of wins as a guide before I started bidding. I wanted a resort so I had multiple "free bids" after the initial bid, since only 2 areas had resorts available for the "name your own price" option. Started off from $50/night and went up to $85 before the bid was accepted by the Hyatt Grand Cypress. Looks like a nice resort, though I don't know if we will be charged the $22/night resort fee or not. Is there any way to tell from the priceline confirmation? I can't find it anywhere but maybe I'm just not looking at the right place.

Thanks betterbidding.com!

We stayed at that Hyatt last weekend. As AaronJB stated, you will be charged the resort fee of $22 per night PLUS taxes so it actually comes to almost $25/night. I usually consider the resort fee a bunch of crap but in my opinion, it's really worth it at this resort. It includes the usual local calls, pool, wireless internet, walking/jogging paths (woo hoo!)...but it also includes all activities on their lake (they have hydro trikes, paddle boats, & small sail boats. It includes access to the 24 hour gym down by the pool, 2 water slides at the pool, a 9-hole "pitch and putt" golf course and a rock climbing wall.

The parking is ANOTHER add on...$11/night for self parking & $23/night for valet (which of course has tax added on also). While it all seems to add up to a lot, just think about how much less you're paying for your room per night than the "average Joe" who didn't use priceline.

Just a couple of things I would have like to have known before I went:

The drinks by the pool are EXPENSIVE...$13 for a frozen daquiri/$7 for a "virgin"/$10 for a vodka cranberry/$4 for bottled water/$3 for soda. Didn't get the price of beers as we are not beer drinkers. They add on an automatic 18% gratuity also.

They will tell you that you can "rent" a fridge for $25/day but we found the "cool box" (that's what they call it) that's already in the room just perfect for keeping our sodas cold. I didn't notice ANY vending machines so you might want to stop somewhere on your way in for any snacks & drinks you want to have in your room.

From dusk until roughly 9pm, they have a fire pit going out by the pool so you can make 'smores. They will sell you a 'smores kit in the gift shop but I don't know how much it is because we were out to dinner both nights we were there & unfortunately missed it. Based on the drink prices, I'm assuming the 'smores kit is probably like $15 or $20...you can buy LOTS of hershey bars & marshmallows at the grocery store for that! lol

Towel "service" at the pool is only until 10pm but the pool is opened 24hrs.

Use the Do Not Disturb sign if you don't want to be disturbed...housekeeping loves banging on the doors & yelling "HOUSEKEEPING" all morning.

So even though they kind of sock it to you on prices of other things, for that good of a room rate, it really is a nice resort. Enjoy your trip...the pool is incredible!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]