Priceline Hotel: 4* London (Bloomsbury-Marble) Thistle Marble Arch

cowscanmoo
By cowscanmoo,
in

Hello there,

New to this, so hope I get this right! I'm looking for help on a bidding strategy for a three or four star hotel in London July 2-July 4 for 1 room (2 people occupancy). I would ideally like to be in the Kensington area, but am open to suggestions of other places. Because we're poor students, we'd also like to spend as little as possible, like under $100/night. Any advice on a starting bid? Thanks for all your help!

I haven't looked at anything, but you have some time. If you're going for the cheapest possible options and willing to take a few days, you can start by testing the waters with a bid of 3* and $55. You're likely to get a counteroffer - if you do, don't take it but report back (well, even if you don't get a counteroffer). Of course there's an outside chance the offer could be accepted too - not likely, but possible.

Congratulations on yoru win!

Looks like a great deal! Probably not exactly the way it should have been bid and may be a bit of an overbid (thought you were going to post back after your first bid), but the savings are substantial so it's a nice "win" in our book :)

Thanks for sharing your results with the board.

Have a great time in London!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]