Priceline Hotel: San Francisco hotels

Lazaz
By Lazaz,
in

Hi everyone !

I found this hotel on Travelocity : 3 star - Top Secret Hotel in San Francisco near Union Square for $110 per night.

Does anyone have an idea of what hotel it is ?

I don't want anything in Tenderloin that's why i'm affraid but "location" rate is 4/5...

I found this hotel : Redwood Inn ( http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g6...ia.html#REVIEWS ) for exactly the same price (breakfast included) but I don't know which one to choose..

Any suggestion ?

Thank you !

The links that you posted don't work here.

For what dates are you seeing this Travelocity Top Secret offer? The Redwood Inn isn't near Union Square, if that's where you're trying to stay.

No, I wasn't trying to say that it is on Union Square. I just wanted to say that this one seemed nice and I didn't know what to chose between Redwood and the Secret Hotel near Union Square.

The dates are from august 23rd to August 26th.

And i would like an hotel on fisherman's, lombard street, union square (but not Tenderloin), Embarcadero...

A nice location for 2 adults with no car !

i'm sorry for my poor english...

I understand your English just fine, Lazaz.

When Trave|ocity first started their Top Secret Hotels program it was easy to ID the hotels. But Trave|ocity's made some changes to the program and now it's very difficult to ID Top Secret hotels with any degree of confidence, and I'm not able to ID this one.

Since you're sure you don't want to be near the Tenderloin and this hotel might be there (although I doubt it since the review comments rate its location 5 out of 5) I don't suggest purchasing. It's a gamble anyhow.

The Redwood Inn is up on Lombard Street. I'm not familiar with that hotel but the location isn't very central for a tourist without a car.

I'm wondering if we can come up with some other options for you.

When you search Hotwire for your dates do you see anything within your budget in USE, Embarcadero, or Fisherman's Wharf zones? If you do and you'll post the icons someone will try to ID. The Tenderloin is in USW zone, so if you don't purchase that zone you won't be in the Tenderloin. (Although USW zone is much larger than just the Tenderloin, and there are many fine hotels in USW that aren't near the Tenderloin.)

If you want to look at HW please start your search with this HOTWIRE link.

I understand your English just fine, Lazaz.

When Trave|ocity first started their Top Secret Hotels program it was easy to ID the hotels. But Trave|ocity's made some changes to the program and now it's very difficult to ID Top Secret hotels with any degree of confidence, and I'm not able to ID this one.

Since you're sure you don't want to be near the Tenderloin and this hotel might be there (although I doubt it since the review comments rate its location 5 out of 5) I don't suggest purchasing. It's a gamble anyhow.

The Redwood Inn is up on Lombard Street. I'm not familiar with that hotel but the location isn't very central for a tourist without a car.

I'm wondering if we can come up with some other options for you.

When you search Hotwire for your dates do you see anything within your budget in USE, Embarcadero, or Fisherman's Wharf zones? If you do and you'll post the icons someone will try to ID. The Tenderloin is in USW zone, so if you don't purchase that zone you won't be in the Tenderloin. (Although USW zone is much larger than just the Tenderloin, and there are many fine hotels in USW that aren't near the Tenderloin.)

When I try on Hotwire i find :

2 star : Marina - Cow Hollow - Pacific Heights area hotel with Airport Shuttle , Complimentary Breakfast, Restaurant(s) , High-Speed Internet Access,Tennis Nearby . ($98) recommended in only 55% ...

and

2 star 1/2 ; Union Square East area hotel, with Smoke Free Rooms, Restaurant(s), High-Speed Internet Access for $118. recommended : 80%

What do you think about what i found on Travelocity? because I saw that the location is 5/5 and 4/5 for safetyso maybe it's not in Tenderloin..

Do you have any good hotel you're familiar with and not so expensive ?

A nice location for 2 adults with no car !
Ok. So maybe the "secret hotel" will charge up for parking...

Will you have a car or not? Hotels that charge for parking only charge guests that have a car.

I really don't know what to do and it's in 20days...

Don't worry....20 days is plenty of time. Sit tight and we'll figure out something. :)

Hotwire/Expedia Unpublished Rates has a 3* Civic Center South -Hayes Valley Area for $85/nite. I'll let the professionals on the board decipher the amenities.

Hey, slruud...you're a pro. Don't pretend you're not. :)

Lazaz...Before I try to ID the Hotwires I'll wait to hear if you have a car or not, as that could affect where you decide to stay.

I'm going to assume you don't have a car and do the Hotwire ID's now, in the interest of time.

What do you think about what i found on Travelocity because I saw that the location is 5/5 and 4/5 for safety so maybe it's not in Tenderloin..

Probably this hotel isn't in the Tenderloin but what concerns me is that Travelocity doesn't say how many people reviewed the hotel. If there are 100 reviews and it's rated 4 or 5 then you can feel sure it's probably really 4 or 5. But if there's only 1 or 2 reviews and it's rated 4 or 5 those could be planted reviews from the hotel itself. Since Travelocit doesn't say how many reviews there are I think it's safer to buy something you know isn't in the Tenderloin---on Priceline, Hotwire, or someplace else.

As for the Hotwire options:

2* Marina-Cow Hollow $98. This is an unknown hotel but with 55% approval I would pass. There are some bad hotels in this zone.

2.5* USE $118. I think this is the Mosser Hotel, which hasn't been reported as a Hotwire win before. This might be a good backup but I think you might find something better by bidding on Priceline.

If you're willing to spend $110 my suggestion is to bid on Priceline---first up to $110 for a 3* in Priceline's USE, Embarcadero, and SOMA zones. Then if that's rejected bid up to $90 for a 2.5* in Priceline's USE and Embarcadero zones. Anything you might win in those zones will be a safer area.

If those fail, then either purchase the 3* TravelocityTop Secret or the 2.5* USE on Hotwire.

Let us know your thoughts and someone can provide a 3* Priceline strategy if you like.

If you'd rather purchase the Travelocity or Hotwire options please use the board's links and let us know what your get.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]