Priceline Hotel: 3* San Diego (North County Coastal) Holiday Inn Oceanside Marina

rrratina
By rrratina,
in

Please follow-up your previous Priceline South Bend thread with whatever you ended up doing for that stay... then click this PRICELINE link and reply to this thread indicating which zones, by PRICELINE name, you're willing to accept and if you need more then double occupancy for this trip, and we'll have a look at your stay above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

At the 3.5* level you have NINE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3.5* North County Coastal...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $93, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $98, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi - tried to lower my $100.00 limit and ended bidding for a 3 1/2 star in Carlsbad at $85.00. Added all 9 zones, to no avail. I don't want to pay $85.00 for a 3 star - so it seems I am done for 24 hours? Any other attempts I can make without waiting 24 hours? Thank you.

If you close the browser (i assume you already have) and use this link to re-access PRICELINE, you can begin to bid at the 3* level at whatever amount you choose... below $85 if you wish. When you lower the star rating it 'cleans the slate' in regards to needing to wait 24 hours to bid again.

If you decide you want to try for a 3.5* up to your original $100 limit, you'll need to wait 24 hours from the last bid you made.

Let us know how you decide to proceed and how we can be of further help.

The two reported 3.5* in North County Coastal zone--Sheraton and Grand Pacific Palisades--are sold out for your dates, so I don't think you'll get a 3.5* bid accepted, no matter how high you bid.

The highest rated hotel HOTWIRE has in Carlsbad zone is a 2*.

Even eliminating your Friday and Saturday at the end (usually the two busiest nights) Sheraton is still sold out and Grand Pacific $299. If Grand Pacific is available on Priceline it will probably be 8/9-8/12 only, and I think you need to be bidding closer to $150, which is half price.

Would you like to try for a 3*?

Is Hilton Garden Inn Carlsbad Beach one of the priceline venues?
HGI hasn't been reported as a Priceline win here, but PL rates it 2.5*.

For more info about pricing in North County Coastal zone see this Priceline San Diego thread.

There's no one date when all schools start but generally it's later than mid-August. You're definitely visiting during Legoland's peak season.

Hotels use Priceline to sell rooms at a discount that would otherwise go empty. When the hotel is sold out they have nothing to give Priceline.

If you want to try for a 3* you only have one rebid zone, which is San Ysidro-Mexican Border.

I suggest $85 for a 3* in North County Coastal, then add San Ysidro at $100.

Please start your bids with this PRICELINE link.

Am wondering if I should stay elsewhere and get a shuttle to legoland? I am flying into San Diego and am trying to avoid renting a car. My goal is legoland so that is why I wanted to be close. Of course we wanted to visit the beach areas! Does PL have good rates for car rentals in this area? Thanks again and again!

Friday and Saturday are usually harder to get than the other days. Since your trip is tomorrow I suggest focussing on getting a room for your first three nights at least. You can deal with Friday and Saturday separately and later if necessary.

Some things you can try:

1) Repeat the $85/$100 for 3* strategy, but for 8/9-8/12 only. The 3* have rack rates ~$180-220, so $100 is still a good deal.

2) Bid $95 for 2.5* for all five nights. There are no rebid zones for 2.5* in San Diego, so you only get one bid. If you had more time I'd suggest starting lower and bidding up in steps every day.

3) Bid other zones. North County Coastal zone is one of the most expensive this summer, so you can do better bidding someplace else and driving. If you're willing to do this I suggest bidding $55 for 3* in Sorrento Mesa zone. Add North County Coastal at $60. Add rebid zone San Ysidro and bid $65.

And yes, if you're going to Legoland and the beach I recommend renting a car if you're able. Cabfares and shuttles will be very expensive. The only hotel that's within walking distance of Legoland (the Sheraton) is sold out, so you're going to need transportation whichever zone you stay in.

Please remember to start your bids with this PRICELINE link.

Whew! Well-an interesting go of it for sure. I did get the HI Oceanside Marina for $121 for 3 nights. A bit more than I wanted to spend, however, given the information you have shared it seems I was not going to get much less for this area, this time of year. I am most appreciative of your help! Either way, I consider it an adventure for my daughter and me to take this trip!

I did use your link to PRICELINE!

Now to go find a hotel close to the airport for the night of the 12th! Wish me luck!

What zone is the airport in? Thanks. I am having some buyer's remorse - the trip advisor has favorable reviews for the hotel I secured. Anyway - I will keep an open mind.

North County Coastal zone has been a very tough bid all summer. Glad you got it settled, rrrtina, and none too soon, since you're leaving today. The price might be a little more than you originally planned on but no need for buyer's remorse. This Holiday Inn is almost new and it gets excellent reviews (#4 of 27 hotels in Oceanside on TA). And it's just a few blocks from the harbor. Parking is free at the HI and you would have paid at the 3.5* you originally targeted, so the overall cost will work out the same.

The nearest zones to the Airport are Downtown-Harbor Island and Point Loma-Old Town-Shelter Island. Winning a hotel in one of those zones should be easier (and cheaper) than North County Coastal was. If you want help with a bid there please start a new thread.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]