Priceline Hotel: Looking for 10/10 - 10/14 Jersey City 4*

cotton
By cotton,
in

Need some help to find one room for 10/10 - 10/14 in Jersey City/Hoboken area, with easy access to PATH or bus to Manhattan. I've checked prices in Manhattan for this week - it's so high that I gave up looking there.

I need one room for 10/9 - 10/14. Yesterday, I've tried bidding on PL for 5 nights 10/9 - 10/14 all the way up to $178 (by adding free rebid zones) and got rejected. I've tried changing the dates to 10/8-10/13, 10/8-10/14, 10/9-10/15 and all got rejected.

As I reported on another post, I later got one night (10/9 - 10/10) on PL for $108 W Hotel Hoboken. I'll have car and am willing to split the nights...hopefully, not every night :-)

I saw on Hotwire that Sheraton on the Hudson (based on amenities matched to your Hotwire hotel list) is available for 10/10 - 10/14 @$176 per night. I'm debating if I should just book Sheraton or try again on PL? If I can score a 4* for $150 per night on PL, I'm happy. Max budget is ~$175 per night.

I prefer Westin, Hyatt and W Hoboken over Sheraton, simply because it seems the Sheraton is an older property. Any advice?

Thanks for a great website!

The least expensive area for this stay will likely be the Secaucus and Meadowlands areas, where you would commute to NYC via NJ Transit bus. Many of the hotels are close to bus stops, but should you land something which isn't, given you have a car, you could drive to the nearby Park N Ride. This is not as convenient as the Jersey City/Hoboken hotels, but is certainly do-able, and at nearly half the price you'll need to weigh price vs. convenience.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for your suggestions. But I had really bad experience @Hilton Garden Inn in Secaucus some years ago and will stay away from that area. Someone stole our car's headlights on our 1st night in the hotel parking lot (yes, they only took the headlights and nothing else!). The whole vacation was spent on the phone with our insurance company and the car dealership! Can't drive home without headlights!!!

Anyway, I've tried PL (using your link, of course) twice over the last few days, but no luck up to $175.

In the meantime, I found some old (forgotten) PriorityClub points - and have decided to book the Hotel Indigo Chelsea in Manhattan on a points&cash basis. Works out to about $130/night....pretty good I think!

Parking is a bit more expensive in Manhattan compared to W Hoboken, or Westin Jersey City or Hyatt, but overall it's still acceptable.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]