Bogus Bid Alerts?

RapidRunr
By RapidRunr,
in

Hi All,

I've messaged Priceline customer service several times requesting information on bid alerts advertised by email and on their site, regarding bids in the Downtown Seattle / Pikes market area, where they have said several times that 4 star hotels have just been accepted at $95.00 to $100.00. However, my questions are more general as they relate to Priceline's advertising and customer service. Here is a typical Request for Information (RFI) that I’ve made.

1) When was the bid made? - Is this a last minute type bid, or was it a week or more in advance?

2) When is the stay? - For example, is the stay on a Sunday night?

3) For how many nights is the say? - Is the stay for 1 night, or a week or more?

I haven’t had any luck in getting Priceline to provide even the most basic details on what they say are successful bids. It would seem like they ought to be able to answer some basic questions, without revealing the Hotel, otherwise how do we know that the Hotels are really being sold for the amount that Priceline says they are? Is Priceline just broadcasting bogus bids just to first get us interested in bidding, and then later have us be frustrated to the extent that we'll pay more than we should?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]