Priceline Hotel: Bidding help 4* Niagara Falls Ontario

abseeya
By abseeya,
in

A relative is looking to get 2 rooms in Niagara Falls, Ontario (4*) for 1 night (Sat Aug 6th), they have bid $80/$120/$160 all rejected. They are willing to pay up to $200 per room, but not sure why this particular night seems to be so expensive. I've personally never bid on 2 rooms before, is it better to bid on 1 room then wait for priceline to offer additional rooms at the same price? Any advice on bidding would be appreciated.

Also, I have $50 in priceline bucks that expire July 31 - never used these before, how do they work?

I will be sure to ask them to use the links on your site to start their bidding next time around.

Thanks

I think this is just the high summer season when these hotels anticipate selling their most of rooms at their regular summer rates. I have been checking for a couple mid-week dates in August and have had the same problem on both the Hotwire listings and bidding on Priceline. There probably is not much of a discount on Priceline. Just my opinion - but if any of the 4* hotels realize they still have rooms available a day or two before - that is when you there may be a more significant discount on the Priceline pricing. I would just make a cancelable reservation and keeping bidding up until the day before stayover night.

Besides being the high summer season, this is a weekend destination, so hotels are not as favorable on selling a solo Saturday nite since it makes it more difficult for them to find a 'pair' looking for just a solo Friday nite.

In line wtih taliategan's point above, hotel might be more willing to sell a solo Saturday nite at the last minute, but then you also run the risk of hotels being nearly full and not willing to discount at all (or being sold-out)

PRICELINE doesn't give an option to add an additional room, so purchasing one room and then adding an additional room isn't an option. I would try as follows:

When bidding 4* in this area there are FOUR re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Niagara Falls...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $180, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Niagara Falls and re-bid zone4...

Bid $185, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $190, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $195, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $200

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. (and thank you for asking your relatives to do the same if they are the ones doing the bidding)

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

PS- NOTE: you can still use our PRICELINE link along with your bonus money as follows:

1) click our link to PRICELINE and let the page fully load

2) at the top of the page go to MY PROFILE >> MY REWARDS

3) use the bonus money link found in the MY REWARDS section of your profile (and not the link in any emails sent to you)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]