Priceline Hotel: Resort Palm Springs (Rancho Mirage-Indian Wells-Palm Desert) La Quinta

Rani
By Rani,
in

Hi, I'm new to this website, but it looks like lots of people are having great success!

We are going to a wedding at the Hyatt Grand Champions resort in Indian wells 10/7/11-10/8/11 (1 night)

Is there a way I can bid to narrow it down to gettin this specific hotel for cheap?

Rani

Welcome to the board, Rani.

You can't bid for a particular hotel on PRICELINE. Seven different resorts have been reported to the board in Rancho Mirage-Indian Wells-Palm Desert zone, and you could win any of them. There's no strategy that improves your odds of winning the Hyatt.

HOTWIRE might work better for you because you can often ID the hotel being offered in advance. Hyatt Grand Champion has come up on Hotwire as a 4* in HW's La Quinta-Indian Wells zone. (Hotwire uses dift zone names than Priceline in Palm Springs area.)

If you check HOTWIRE for your date do you see a 4* offered in LQ-IW? If you'll post the icons you see (Pool, Restaurant, etc) someone can give an opinion whether it looks like Hyatt GC or not.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links for your purchases and searches.

• 3 weeks later...

Rani, we bid on PRICELINE to go out to la quinta all the time. For a long while hyatt grand champions was the hotel we were getting and it is our preferred hotel, but it appears they are not putting rooms on PL anymore. Right now it seems la quinta is the one that is active and its only a 5 minute drive away. you cannot go wrong either way. my advice is to make your best cancellable normal reservation somewhere now and then watch this forum to see what people are winning as it gets closer to your dates.

unfortunately there is no way to know exactly what you get before bidding.

• 1 month later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]