LAX/SNA-NYC/EWR (11/22-12/01)

tangy
By tangy,
in

Hi Everyone!

Im looking to bid on airfare for 2 people on priceline (LA/OC area to LGA/JFK/EWR for 11/22-12/01) during Thanksgiving week .. I know, bad week but I really want to see the Macy's day Parade and the Christmas tree lighting, so these days are set. Anyways, I've only bid on priceline for hotels, so I may need some help for bidding on flights. I'm very flexible on the departing/returning time and I dont mind connecting flights, but I just dont know what I should start my bidding at or if my prices are reasonable. The cheapest airfare I found is on Southwest's site (about $380/person including fees and taxes) SNA to EWR. Priceline's prices are musch higher somewhere around $450+/person. I want to try and get the airfare for a little less than $300/person including taxes $ fees if possible, and dont know if I should wait till after labor day (read online that after labor day is when airlines start dishing out the deals for holiday travel) or buy now since it might be risky buying so close to departure. Any help or information is appreciated! Thanks! :)

Oh and I also heard that LGA is not a good airport to flight to cause they are known for their delays.. I was wondering if this was true?

Update: I just searched kayak and found a flight for $240/person including taxes & fees (SNA to EWR). However its departing on 11/21, and I wanted to leave on the 22nd due to the amount of work days I will be able to take off. Is it possible to get priceline to agree for around this much for 11/22?

Priceline's prices are musch higher...

It would be appreciated if you used the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board each time you accessed the respective site(s) for your bidding, searches and purchases.

$240 sounds very cheap for a cross-country flight these dates and i don't know how much better you're likely to do than this given the holiday travel season. If you want to give it a try you have an almost unlimited number of re-bid zones available when bidding on airfare, as per this Priceline Airfare Re-Bidding thread.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]