Priceline Hotel: 4* Daytona Beach (Daytona Beach-Ormond Beach) Hilton Oceanwalk Village

bearboy
By bearboy,
in

Began bidding Monday thru Thursday for a 4* at $48 plus $5 bonus bucks; rejected for early August. Reduced rating to 3 1/2*; rejected. Finally moved forward to middle of August and bid of $48 plus $5 bonus bucks accepted for two nights; August 15 and 16. Final price of $48 plus $11 fees and taxes.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see your plans were flexible and you were able to adjust your dates to get a nice deal.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

Well, just returned from my stay. What can I say; I thought I was on a domestic airline. Everything was a-la-carte. For starters, parking was an option of $17 plus tax per day valet parking or two block away self-parking for $10 plus tax. Local calls were $1.25 per call I believe was the price. Wi-Fi in the public lobby areas was free if you can believe that. Wi-Fi in your room was by ethernet cable for $9.95 per day. Buffet breakfast was in the neighborhood of $20 plus tax of course. When you add it all up; what started out as a good deal is only average at best. The hotel is old but clean. Carpeting is old and buckling in the hallways. The pool area is not very modern or appealing. Few people used the pool. Rooms have no balconies. On the positive side, the ocean views are impressive. Also, the bathrooms are spacious and clean.

The valet parking attendants are very aggressive and do their best to get you to take valet parking. The hotel is 100% non-smoking. However, I had a new guest arrive next door to my room and began smoking. The side by side rooms have doors that connect the two rooms. All the cigarette smoke was coming into my room. I contacted the desk attendant and she took care of the problem promptly and the problem did not reoccur.

I never wanted to stay at the Hilton because of all of the negative reviews but Priceline upgraded me from 3* to a 4* and gave me the Hilton. The Hilton may have been a 4* when it was built but it is certainly no more that a 3* today because of the wear and tear of the years. Do not stay here if you have options. You will not find it a pleasant experience.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]