Priceline Hotel: Have Been Bidding unsuccessfully for a couple of weeks

WorldAndUSATraveler
By WorldAndUSATraveler,
in

Last summer I sucessfully bid on a 4* hotel in the Denver Downtown area, about 7/30 - 8/2 or so. We had to cancel the trip. I have been rebidding now for Aug. 15-19...and have not been successful. I receive the Priceline e-mails re bids that have been accepted, etc. I am now way beyond some of those prices (dates unknown) but still no room. I probably have placed 8-10 bids by now.... My last bid was at $76 or $79. Is it just that this is a busy week? I know there are rooms available, as I checked several of the hotels' websites.

This is my first time on this message board. I read the newbie info but am not sure if I am doing this all correctly. If I am not, my apologies.

Thank you.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I think you're close, but it may take up to another $10-$15 for you to be successful for these dates... what is your maximum bid before you consider lowering your star rating to 3.5*?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. (and please click this PRICELINE link before replying)

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for your response. We will go up to about $100, I guess. I would prefer to pay a lot less and do 3.5 or 3, but I am planning to be without a car for several days and want the convenience of the 4* hotels. Some of the 3.5/3* are further out and would require more time to get places and/or cabs.... Frustrating! I really thought this would work out differently! :) My $83 bid was rejected today....

Thanks again. (Why are those dates more expensive?)

Rates aren't that high for these dates, but they're not at the rock-bottom rates when we typically see bids in the $50's and $60's win... we've certainly seen rates much higher then they are currently.

At the 4* level in Denver you have TEN re-bid zones. Priceline Re-Bidding Explained

Select 4* Downtown...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $78, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $83, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $88, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $93, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $98, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 10 months later...

This is a very delayed post of the conclusion to what happened. I lost out on every bid we placed. We ended up dealing directly with the hotel in which we were scheduled to stay the previous year. We paid about $45 more per night than what the won bid had been the previous year, but it was what it was. We paid about $120 per night, before taxes and fees.

Thank you for closing this thread with your decision.

Please check for, and use the links in our Support Page, whenever possible where we have links to most of the major hotel chains and online booking agencies.

As well, if you need a specific location, try MAPS and HOTELS.com.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]