Priceline Hotel: 4* San Francisco (USW-Nob Hill) Renaissance Stanford Court

IVIarissa
By IVIarissa,
in

Hello,

I am looking to stay in Union Square West - Nob Hill at a 4* hotel on 9/8 and 9/9 (check out on 9/10)

I would also be OK with a 4* Union Square East.

I have bid up to $145 without success. Priceline did respond saying if I increased my bid to $164, I could do so without making changes.

Should I wait until the date gets closer or would you say this is an appropriate price? I am willing to go to $150 but would obviously like to save money if possible.

I would also consider a 3.5* if I could get it for a bit less.

Any feedback is appreciated!

Thank you,

Marissa

My hunch is that you might win this at $150.

In the "good old days", before SF got so crazy expensive this summer, I would have suggested "With your trip still six weeks away wait until closer to your dates because rates will probably come down." But the way things have been going lately that approach isn't always working, and if you can nail something down now I would do it.

Hotwire has a 4* in USE for $218 and a 4* in USW for $225. If you can do this on Priceline for $150 you've got a good deal.

I don't know where you're at in your bidding now, i.e. if you still have a rebid zone available or if you've used them up for today. If you have a rebid zone left I'd try $150 now, before this disappears. If you've used up your rebid zones wait until your 24 hour lockout is over and bid $146 for 4* in USE + USW. Then add your six rebid zones, one a time, raising your bid $1 with each. You've got enough rebids to take you to $152 and I hope that's high enough. (If you need help determining your six rebid zones please ask.)

I would also consider a 3.5* if I could get it for a bit less.

Recently 3.5* in SF haven't been costing much less than 4*.

If you'd like to try though you've got five rebid zones for 3.5*.

I suggest $110 for a 3.5* in USE + USW. Then raise $5 per rebid up to $135.

Please start your bids with this PRICELINE link. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]