Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* Albuquerque (Airport ABQ) Hawthorn Suites

photomikey
By photomikey,
in

Bid 3* in all ABQ zones at $40, had 3 free rebid zones, bid $50, $60, $70. No win.

Bid 2.5* in all ABQ zones (except East) at $40, had 2 free rebid zones, bid $50, $60. No win.

I'm pretty far out, but it's balloon fiesta and I'm concerned. Hotwire has some decent rooms around $90. More news in 24 hours when I can bid again.

Ended up booking with Hotwire,

$91

Lowest published rate for the hotel is $119. AAA rate is $110. I never feel like I save enough with Hotwire to warrant the risk, but I book with them so seldom that I forget that little tidbit. :-)

2.5*

Hawthorn Inn & Suites - Albuquerque

Suite

Airport Shuttle

Complimentary Breakfast

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Business Center

Laundry Facilities (self-service)

High-Speed Internet Access

The amenities list says "suite", but the hotel is *not* all-suite. I can't imagine booking an opaque rate and not getting the bottom-tier of rooms in the hotel. Can you shed any light on this?

Congratulations on your success!

To confirm, is this the Hawthorn Suites at 1511 Gibson Blvd SE in HOTWIRE's Airport zone? (i added this information to your topic title, please confirm)

If so, although your confirmation apparently reads "Hawthorn Inn and Suites", the official name of this property is "Hawthorn Suites"... are you assuming there are 'standard rooms' and 'suites' based upon the hotel name on your confirmation OR are you seeing that there are different classes of rooms on their website?

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us add this property to the Hotwire Hotel List.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Confirmed.

Hotwire calls it "Hawthorn Inn & Suites". The hotel apparently calls itself "Hawthorn Suites". On their website, in which they refer to themselves as Hawthorn Suites, there is a huge photo of the building, and the building signage reads "Hawthorn Inn & Suites".

The room classes (from the hotel website) are 1 King, 1 Queen, 2 Queens, and Suite. All the rooms include a mini fridge and microwave, I don't know if they then consider everything a suite. IMHO, if you are referring to some rooms as "suite" and others not, it isn't an all-suite hotel.

I did use the HOTWIRE link to book my stay.

I'm guessing that the standard rooms are suites similar to most all-suite hotels with a 3/4 wall dividing two separate living spaces... and the suite listed on their website is a 'full suite' with a full wall/closing door between the two.

You can call the hotel and ask if you want to clarify (and then contact HOTWIRE if the rooms are not suite-like)

Thanks for using the HOTWIRE links on the board for your purchase.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]