Priceline Hotel: looking for a hotel in san francisco 9/30/11 to 10/2/11

mamabird
By mamabird,
in

My husband and two kids (both under 3) will be making our annual trip up to san francisco for the weekend of 9/30 to 10/2.

We have stayed in downtown and at fishermans warf. Out of the two I preferred the warf because we were able to find street parking and thus avoided the crazy charge for storing our car for two days. Other then that I am open to any other areas my requirements are that it be close to public transit, have access to street parking or at least not having to buy my car back for storing it. :)

Course I would love to get a 4* but I am willing to go to a 3* as long as it has good reviews.

I am also looking to keep it under $100 a night. Am I totally dreaming?? I see some people have deals for nob hill for $99 - bt I am unfamiliar with that area. I saw another win posted for parc 55 for my same weekend for $75. But what I see on priceline and hotwire are 200 and up.

Please help. I need your master skills :)

I am new at this so I hope I got everything.

Welcome to the board, mamabird!

I saw another win posted for parc 55 for my same weekend for $75. But what I see on priceline and hotwire are 200 and up.

Checking the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins I also see that $75 win at the Parc55 but unfortunately it's a mistake. If you read the post you'll see it was a January 2010 win and due to a typo/formatting error it somehow ended up in the calendar for Sept/Oct 2011. Noone is winning 4* (or 3.5* or 3*) hotels for $75 Downtown or FW this summer. If you ignore that one misplaced Parc55 win so far nobody has won ANYTHING ANYWHERE in SF for your dates, not even at the airport.

The only HOTWIRE option in Fisherman's Wharf with two beds guaranteed (checking 2adults/2 children) is a 3* for $192. For one bed (checking 2 adults/0 children) the rate only drops two bucks, to $190.

I think it could take something closer to $150-160 on Priceline for a Fisherman's Wharf 3* on these expensive dates.

When it's busy like this I don't think you can count on finding free parking on the street either. Maybe you've got the lucky touch, but if it doesn't work Alaska Garage is a relative bargain in FW area at $25 for 24 hours with in/out privileges.

Downtown will be expensive this weekend too. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

If you're not frightened off by these rates please use these HOTWIRE and PRICELINE links for your purchases.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

My husband and two kids (both under 3) will be making our annual trip up to san francisco for the weekend of 9/30 to 10/2.
Note that PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy, after that it's at the discretion of the hotel, and you could receive a room with only one bed. While you can call the hotel you win and request a room with two beds, the hotel may not be able, or willing, to honor your request. Is this a risk you're willing to accept? If not, HOTWIRE may still be an option as they allow you to search for up to quad occupancy and ensure sleeping accommodations for everyone you include in your search (although this usually means two beds, the second 'bed' could be a sofabed, rollaway, etc)
...have access to street parking or at least not having to buy my car back for storing it.
Given how easy and convenient mass transit it is in San Francisco, if you think an area has easy and free street parking, you could always drop you bags off at the hotel (while one adult and kids go to the room or explore the area around the hotel) while the other adult drives to find street parking and park the car, then take mass transit back to the hotel... reverse the procedure on your departure to retrieve the car.
Checking the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins I also see that $75 win at the Parc55 but unfortunately it's a mistake. If you read the post you'll see it was a January 2010 win and due to a typo/formatting error it somehow ended up in the calendar for Sept/Oct 2011.
Fixed... thanks for letting us know.
If you're not frightened off by these rates please use these HOTWIRE and PRICELINE links for your purchases.
Other than choose a different location, not sure what others you will have price-wise.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I will look tomorrow. That weekend is the start of football..maybe I should have booked it last week when they didn't know if there would be a season :) not to mention sf is the best in sept/oct.

I will check out fishermans wharf 3* at $150 and go from there.

Colfax - thanks for the tip about the garage, I'll check it out. I used to work at peir 39 so I am familiar with the little side streets to park at...but it does take a bit of luck, gas, and patience :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]