Bidding Help IAH-EDI Dec 27-Jan 14

alex2323
By alex2323,
in

Hi,

I am looking for tickets from Houston (IAH) to Edinburgh, UK (EDI) for travel between Dec 27-Jan 14. I am flexible, so I was wondering if you think Priceline could save me some money. Right now tickets are about $900, and the breakdown for a particular KLM flight is $726 for the ticket/fuel, plus the about $180 in other fees.

About how much do you think I could get a ticket for via the Name Your Own Price option? When should I start bidding?

If you don't think that bidding will save me money, when do you think the best time is to book the tickets (retail price)? Since it's still pretty far in advance, I don't know if they are likely to go down or not.

This is really important to me and $900 is out of my price range so any help would be greatly appreciated!

You can use the tips in this Priceline Airfare RE-Bidding thread (see in particular the second post) to get an almost unlimited number of re-bids.

You can start at $400-$500 or whatever number you'd like and increase $10-$25 per re-bid until you get to your $600 budget.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]