Priceline Hotel: San Francisco Bidding Advice

JayM
By JayM,
in

I'm interested in bidding on 3* and above accommodations for two people. Preferably a suite or two rooms, if need be a room with two beds. I'd like to stay in Fisherman's Wharf or some other bustling area, in a nice quality hotel. Prices seem to be pretty high during September, but I was hoping to catch a steal ( $100 or less). I'm prepared to go up to $150 or so.

Are my expectations realistic?

I use the BetterBidding Hotwire and PRICELINE links to search & bid, always have and always will.

Few comments...

You can't bid on a suite property... PRICELINE and HOTWIRE accommodations are for standard rooms. You might be able to arrange for a paid upgrade to a suite based upon availability, but this is something you would need to negotiate directly with the hotel after your purchase or at check-in, and not something which could be counted upon. You can bid on two separate rooms, but i assume above you were referring to a 2 room suite (and not two separate rooms)

I'm interested in bidding on 3* and above accommodations for two people... in a nice quality hotel.
If you're looking for the best quality i think you should be aiming for the highest star rating offered in the zone(s) you select... 3* properties are usually 'pretty good', but quality can vary from property to property, even within the same star level. However, with this noted, i think $100 isn't very realistic for a 3* hotel... although $150 will likely get you close and may be enough. Besides Fisherman's Wharf you may also want to consider the 'downtown' areas of Union Square East and Union Square West (although at less then 4* you may want to stick with USE as some of the lower rated hotels can be in the tenderloin area, which many try to avoid)... others on the board are more familiar with the nuances of the San Francisco zones and hopefully will comment further.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

As noted, PRICELINE only guarantees one bed, and near Union Square there's a likelihood one bed is what you'll get on PRICELINE.

Search HOTWIRE for 3 adults/0 children---even though there are only two in your party---and that will give you two bed options.

These are expensive dates. With two beds guaranteed Hotwire has a 4* Fisherman's Wharf for $247 and 3* Fisherman's Wharf for $195. PL usually beats HW on rate, so offhand guessing you might win a 3* FW on PRICELINE around $140-170. But two beds wouldn't be guaranteed.

HOTWIRE's least expensive room Downtown with two beds is a 3.5* USE for $222.

In short, unless rates come down I think two beds for $150 will be difficult for these dates.

For a suite you'll probably have to book something conventionally (i.e. not PRICELINE or HOTWIRE).

I directly booked a two bedroom suite at the Marin Suites in Corte Madera. The total was $514.18.

I've read mixed reviews. I'm hoping for the best. Anyone with any knowledge, please comment.

I use the BetterBidding Hotwire and PRICELINE links to search & bid, always have and always will.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]