Priceline Hotel: 2* Wisconsin Dells Super 8

dprocket
By dprocket,
in

Sorry to hear you clicked the wrong star rating when submitting your bid, but hopefully you can make this work for your needs.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Ok, so we have stayed and experienced the Super 8. I have to say, we went in expecting the worst and therefore this motel exceeded our expectations. It's a basic 2* hotel and I think the very negative reviews are unwarranted. When you stay at a 2*, you can generally expect everything to be about average. It wasn't nasty, but it wasn't in tip top shape either. It fit our needs just fine. I did discover that the town of Wisconsin Dells appears to be a pretty tough market for Priceline bidding. It's all tourism and I'm sure walk-up traffic is off the charts. Why offer a cut rate to priceline when there is a very good chance that someone will walk up and pay full price? When I was checking in, I saw two other families come in and pay $90 per night for the room. So I was pleased with our deal. Note, this hotel offers a queen/king size bed in the room. I was required to pay $15 per night extra for a 2nd bed. Even with the additional fee, I still saved a fair amount of money versus paying retail which is what we're all looking for. I've discovered with priceline that sometimes you hit it out of the park (especially with high end hotels) and sometimes it's a single or a double. This was a double which, again, is still better than retail!

Actually, I'll go ahead and call this one a triple, because of one freebie I originally thought nothing of. Super 8 offers free wristbands to enter the Chula Vista resort. CHula Vista appears to be a newer property with an indoor and outdoor water park. This water park was GREAT. We went there 3 times for hours and my kids (and the wife and I) just loved it! We live in Kansas City and have a Great Wolf Lodge there and visit at least once per year. I hate to say it, because I'm proud of KC, but the Chula Vista was a better indoor water park with a great varierty of big/small/interesting slides. I don't know retail price for entry into this waterpark, but it was a GREAT freebie and made the Super 8 a hit. I think my kids had more fun there than they did at Noah's Ark!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]