Priceline Hotel: San Juan Precruise

jld23
By jld23,
in

I am going to San Juan for a precruise stay 10/15/05 and a post cruise stay 10/23/05 - 1 night each.

Hotwire seems expensive and the Sheraton Old San Juan doesn't look to be available precruise. Post cruise seems to be cheaper but with a different selection of hotels.

I am thinking of bidding a "resort" for the precruise stay on priceline, do you think the priceline "resort" list is still accurate?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

What makes you think that the list wouldn't be accurate? The lists are updated as new information is received, so it is as accurate as the last report we have for a property in that area.

If you'd like help with your bidding please use this thread for your 10/15 stay and start a new thread for your 10/23 stay... this will enable us to keep both stays separate and the strategies for each separate as well. It will also enable us to properly reflect the hotel won for each stay in the topic title and stick with the current board format of one hotel win per thread.

Thanks!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you Thereuare.

I will follow your instructions.

I am going on my first cruise for a anniversary with my wife on the AOS. I have read most of your posts regarding San Juan including the info regarding the restaurants. Thank you for that interesting information. I hope to try The La Casita Blanca.

For my precruise stay; 10/15/2005 - 1 night

I was concerned about the list because the original date is a few years old and their is not much recent activity in this thread. However, I understand their are no guarantees regardless. I am willing to take a chance to save some $$.

I like most of the "resorts" listed, although I am concerned about the Marriott. On their site they are offering a rate of $144 for an advanced purchase room. They also offer a rate of $159 for a "facade redo" room with a closed balcony. This rate includes a $50 credit for food or additonal reward points. I understand their is a lot of construction at this motel. I am afraid if priceline awards me the Marriott, I will get stuck with one of these "balcony closed " rooms. I would really like to stay at the Caribe Hilton, second choice would be the Sheraton OSJ - which shows no availability on this date on their site, third would be the Intercontinental, fourth would be the Normandie. Lastly would be the Radisson if I got a great rate.

Maybe I am doing this too soon for either priceline or hotwire.

I booked it for $159 on October 15.

I have some concerns about a room with the balcony closed. Here is what was posted on the Marriott site:

Hotel facade under renovation from 05/30/05 through 11/30/05. Some noise is expected from 9am-5pm M-F. During this time some rooms may not have access to their balconies.

which is a little different from the Expedia info.

You are right about it being fully cancellable and it is a good backup plan at this point. I will continue to watch these boards and if something better comes up, I'll jump on it.

This is a special trip for my Wife and I, and although I am cheap, I want everything to be as nice as possible. I think $109 for this hotel is great as I'm sure I can spend the $50 F&B credit.

Thanks for the advice Thereuare. I'll be back.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]