Priceline Hotel: Miami Hotel Advice

gg_spenard
By gg_spenard,
in

I'll be in Miami for only 1 night in August (checkin at 14:00 the first day, checkout at 8:00 the second day to take a flight at 11:30)

Do you have some priceline zone recommandations ?

- Near airport (15 - 20 minutes) or near car location office

- Near the beach

- 3* and up

- maximum 80$/night

Thanks in advance :) .

GG

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Why do you need a hotel near the airport or car rental location (seems like near the airport should be sufficient)? Won't you be renting a car at the airport and then driving to where ever you need to go?

Just trying to understand your needs a bit more so we can make an appropriate recommendation.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

From a recent thread on the board, maybe this will help you narrow your zone preferences:

I would try to do a bit more research on where you want to stay and what you want to do.  I'm not an expert on the area (so hopefully others will comment), but here is my take:

Airport - never a reason to stay here unless you're getting in late at nite (or have an early flight the next morninig) and/or a one nite stay pre/post-cruise

Beach - nice for families, 'mid-level' as far as value

Downtown - one of the best values in the area in terms of price to quality; however, not much in the immediate (except Bayside and the cruise ship terminal, which makes this zone the best choice for pre/post-cruise stays).  A car solves the location issue, but parking is expensive so factor that in as well.

South Beach - very trendy and 'hip', lots of stuff that is walkable right outside your door, but such convenience, beach, and location come at a price of higher rates than much of the rest of the surrounding areas.

At any of the above zones, parking is an issue and usually comes with an additional fee.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Airport to beach is about 30 minutes, except during rush hour and rain storms (longer) . There is a supershuttle that is $16 that is pretty fast and would take you to hotel on the beach and would also pick you up. I think cab flat rate is $25 give or take a few. Blocks 1 - 20 are considered South Beach and lots to do, see, eat, etc. There is a huge range of $ costs on Miami Beach and generally after block 20 the prices go down. When you get up to the 90's that is considered Bal Harbor and they go back up again, but only a few hotels there. You can get great rates for moderate hotels on MIami Beach and have a lot of free entertainment just walking around.

The Hyatt in Coral Gables is less than 5 miles from the Airport. Not too far, and mainly a direct shot down LeJeune Road. From this hotel, South Beach is about a 30 minute drive, and Coconut Grove (another great spot) is only about 10 minutes away from the hotel. Just remember, there's no guarantee you'll get the Coral Gables Hyatt via Priceline; you can get any 4* property in that zone.

I wouldn't recommend Coral Gables if Beach is what you want. It is very nice, lots of boutiques/shops and restaurants, but all concrete. What is your price range?

Prices are lower now, and you can be on or near the beach and the fun of SoBe, and i think you can get a good place here also.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]