LGA (New York) --> MSP (Minneapolis)

zelenej
By zelenej,
in

Hi,

I'm a newbie to this. I would like to get from New York to Minneapolis (round trip) on 18th August and get back on 23th or 24th August.

At the default PRICELINE search I was able to get a round-trip with Frontier for 238$. How much lower I can get when using Bidding system?

And what about luggages while bidding? I've got just one, but I'm quite affraid they find me a flight with 3 connections and I'll have to pay 3x extra luggage fee (for each connection one fee), because it's not included in price.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

If you purchase one ticket and it has multiple connections, you pay only one luggage fee per bag.

What is the breakdown of base fare + fees/taxes on the ticket above? How much would you need to save from the $238 fare in order to make an 'opaque' ticket worthwhile... given that you can't choose the departure times, layover city, length of layover, etc?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for reply! The base price is 212$. With taxes it's 238$. It says there are 2 tickets left for this price.

I don't care about layover, etc. just the final price. But the difference with "opaque" and normal should be at least 20$ (for the troubles with that :) ). How much I'm able to get for the base price? 160$? 180$? 200$?

Using the 2nd post of this Airfare Re-Bidding thread you can get an almost unlimited number of re-bid zones.

While airfare bidding can be tough, i'd start at $130 and increase $5-$10 each re-bid until you reach your maximum bid price. (for me i'd need to save much more than $20... worth more than that to me to ensure i don't have any 6am-7am flights :) )

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

So I started on 130$, adding 5$ each time, using Re-bidding method. I ended at 195$ when I was given an option to buy a flight from LaGuardia (LGA) <--> Minneapolis (MSP) for 212$ (base). Price with taxes: 234$. I took the offer, because all those other options sounded much more expensive ("normal search" -> 290$ today).

The flight is with American Airlines. What's the next step? I wasn't able to find an option to buy extra luggage (will have one checked-in luggage in total).

Congratulations on your success!

Can you please post a reply to this thread confirming your return date so we can correct it in the topic title (if necessary).

How are the flight times?

You can usually purchase your luggage fees when checking online or at the kiosk at the airport when you check-in.

Glad you're pleased with the deal and have a good trip.

The flight is 18.8. - 23.8.

The flight times are:

LGA 6:20 AM -> MSP

MSP 5:00 PM -> LGA

The first morning's going to be pretty bad, but I didn't have much of a choice.. (it's the morning after my arrival from Europe, first time in the U.S.).

From what I've read, it looks like the only online check-in time is just 24 hours before the flight. IS that normal? I'm used to at least 10 days before (RyanAir, WizzAir, ... ) but that's Europe.

Thanks for the help!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]