Priceline Hotel: Looking for 3* Seattle (Downtown or Airport)

theorym
By theorym,
in

Hi all,

Currently trying to get either one of two choices for Seattle from July 29 to Aug 1 (With BB links, of course!)

Option 1:

~$50 for a Seattle Airport area hotel, 3* or higher (based on what I've seen with other bids on the BB calendar)

Current rejected bids:$40, $42, $44, $45, $47, $48, $50, $52, $53

Option 2:

~$75 for a Seattle Downtown area hotel (Pike Place, Space Needle) also 3* or higher, and also based other BB calendar bid wins.

Could also consider Lake Union since it's pretty much in the same area.

Current rejected bids: $69, $75, $76

This is for 2 rooms, so is it possible that it would be easier to bid for a cheaper price separately vs. bidding for them both together?

Also, I believe the 29th-30th would be more expensive (Weekend) vs. the 31st (Sunday) to warrant a split bid, but overall it's not too big of a deal to lump them together, over the trouble of having different hotels.

Overall, having a 2.5* hotel in the airport/downtown area isn't undesireable, but the price should be cheaper accordingly.

No real interest in going 3.5* or above, unless it's downtown and the price range is max $85 a night (w/o fees, tax),.

Thanks in advance for any advice/input!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

It's been commented on here that Seattle bids have been getting to be a bit tougher to get in recent months. To sum it up though, your first two goals are either a 3* by the Airport with a $50 limit OR a 3* Downtown with a $75 limit... however, you've already bid both of these zones up to these amounts and have been turned down, correct?

Based upon current rates my guess is that you'll need to be closer to $65-$70 to be successful in the Airport zone and considerably higher for Doowntown... perhaps has high as ~$150 or so.

Essentially your options come down to:

-wait it out and try the same bid amounts again, hoping for lower rates in the days ahead

-increase your maximum bid

-lower your star rating

-add other nearby zones which may also be accetpable

Let us know your thoughts and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the feedback.

Increasing my maximum bid would be the quickest choice.

Since we'll have a car, a hotel 20 minutes or less from downtown would be preferable. I'm not sure what the price range is for the Uni.Washington area, but if it's around a target $50-60 for 3*, then that could also work.

How do price range trends look for 2.5* hotels in airport and downtown?

In the meantime, I'll continue trying to bid up to $60 for airport 3*. Not sure if living 3* downtown is necessary at a price range of $150.

We don't see much bidding in the University zone, but a very quick look at rates and i don't think you're going to find what you're looking for there (although you're welcomed to try)

I would be very cautious about looking at 2.5* properties in either the Airport or Downtown zone, as you'll start getting into properties which vary great in quality... there may be some 2.5* hotels which you'd be fine with, but there may be some you're not, and with PRICELINE you can't choose which type yo will get :) If you're looking for value i think bumping your Airport zone bids another $10-$20 is going to be your best bet, imo.

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know if we can be of further help along the way.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Good luck.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]