Hotwire Hotel: Please Help identifying Virginia Beach 3*

cricketnest
By cricketnest,
in

I am new here so If I am doing this wrong I apologize

We decided to take a last minute trip to visit my Step Daughter who recently moved to Virginia. We plan on incorporating a side trip to virginia Beach for a couple of days. I have never been to the ocean and since it it only 3 hours away thought it would be a good time

I searched hotwire from the BB links above for 7/27 to 7/29

Hotel is a 3*

ameneties include:

Beachfront, fitness center, pool, restaurant and high speed internet

price is 171.00/nt

I think from looking at your virginia beach seaside listings that this is the cavalier hotel, but being new to this I am not sure, I know the rack rates listed for this hotel is 199 for an oceanview room.

Thank you for any help you can offer.

I wasnt sure how to search for answers on this topic so I apologize if I have reasked something that has been asked already

We are looking to go to virginia next week 7/25-8/1. The plan is to go to winchester, va get hotel room for 4 people which i have no problem getting on hotwire (think I have the hotel figured out)

My problem is that my step daughter lives in winchester and the plan is to go to va beach and dc for part of the trip and getting hotels in each area. My step daughter would be joining us for those stays.

My 3 y/o neice is coming with us and she can use a port-a-crib. Do you think it would be a problem to just search for a hotel room for 4 people since my neice can use a port a crib? I really dont want 2 seperate rooms (really cant afford 2 seperate rooms)

Or does anyone have any experience with a situation like this?

thank you

chris

While booking for double occupancy and showing up with 3-4 can be an issue, it's less of a risk then booking for four and showing up with five, the reason being is that most standard hotel rooms, are designed for up to quad occupancy... the fifth person could put you over fire code or hotel policy, and there is no way to know beforehand how strictly this will be enforced. It's sometimes a little easier to handle if all the kids are small children, but more difficult of it's 4adults and 1 child. Ultimately it's a risk you'll need to decide if you're willing to accept or not.

For the 3* property above, are you searching for quad occupancy on that search as i'm not seeing a Beachfront hotel offered when searching 4adults or 2adults/2chidlren in the Virginia Beach zone for your dates... are you still seeing this on your own HOTWIRE search?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I searched again this morning and that hotel was not available anymore. Thank you for the help. I may have to book a suite outright that can sleep 6 people to be sure I dont cause a problem.

We were hoping to get ocean front or viiew but may not be able to since I will have too many for a room.

Thank you again for your help.

Chris

Good luck, let us know whatever you decide to do for this stay and let us know if we ca be of further help.

Also, please check our support page for your hotel direct purchases where we have links to most of the major hotel chains and online booking agencies, please check for and use the links there whenever possible.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]