Priceline Hotel: SF for three nights, 7/22 - 7/25 4* - 2 adults, 2 children

vilmosz
By vilmosz,
in

HW seems a bit high, but you could probably beat it by 20% on PL.

Another thought - LastMinuteTravel.com has the Clift for $169, the Hilton FD for $135 and the Hyatt Embarcadero for $145. They are on request, however, and may take 24 hours to respond. You'd be cutting it a bit close, but you could try.

Either way, it seems like you should be able to do better than $230, if you don't want to spend that.

You can also search HOTWIRE for 2adults/2children to see if anything of interest is offered there.

Let us know whatever you decide or if we can be of further help.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

I bid using on PL using the various tips I located on this board. My wife and I both submitted multiple bids using the zones/stars approach, and went as high as $160 without getting a nibble. At one point PL countered with $190 but we declined. Hotwire's minimum for a 4* was around $240.

I took Gallus50's advice. LMT came through with $169 for the Clift. Run-of-the-House had great tips on revealing LMT properties. The downside with LMT is waiting for info for an On-Request, but it actually came within three hours. Thanks for all of your help, Betterbidding.com!

Glad you found something, vilmosz.

Every so often, PL and HW are not the answer, and you need to find other sources to get a decent deal. I'm delighted that you took my suggestion and ran with it and it worked out. Makes the effort worthwhile.

Have a great trip and enjoy SF. It's been over 100 degrees where I live every day lately!

Wrap up and (real) thread-closer. :)

Stay was great. Can't say enough nice things about the staff there. Hotel has very popular nightclub, so consider possibility that depending on your room it won't be the quietest choice. Thanks again to all the Better Bidders and of course, the admins as well!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]