1st try:

Strip Zone, 4* deluxe, @$85

2nd try:

Add zone: LAS Airport, @$90

3rd try:

Add zone: Nellis - Las Vegas Speedway, @$95

4th try:

Add zone: UNLV area @$99

I didn't include Henderson and Northwest Zone because they have resorts there. Will this strategy work?

Thanks.

You have the rebid areas correct. You are also correct about avoiding the Resort areas. Since there is a 4* North Strip hotel on hotwire for your dates around $110 (before $10 off per night if you're new and use code GIFTCARD06), I'd start bidding lower.

4* Strip $65, if rejected...

add LAS and bid $70, if rejected close browser

Open new Priceline and bid 4* Strip AND Nellis $75, if rejected...

add LAS and bid $80, if rejected close browser

Open new Priceline and bid 4* Strip AND UNLV $85

add LAS and bid $90, if rejected

add Nellis and bid $95

If this fails, you can give Hotwire a shot for the 4* North Strip property for around $100 w/ the code.

I don't think the rebate will make that much of a difference, as the opaque providers are not always the best solution when searching for a hotel in LAS VEGAS.

Your first step would be to look at Hotwire see if there is anything that is worthwhile (and i would do that before ordering an Entertainment Book).

As discussed in your other thread, $100 is proabably not the right target price for a weekend stay, at this point it will take more than that. If you're trying to stick as close to that figure as possible i would book Bally's for $149/nite (cancellable) or the Tropicana Tower room for $135/nite thru QUIKBOOK ($10 cancellation penalty)... Bally's is a better deal in my opinion. You can then continue to search for a better deal or try the opaque providers near the end of the month.

Let us know your thoughts.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

thereuare,

Thanks for your quick reply. I can get Aladdin at $130 /nite with my Starwood Preferred Guest Discount. But I'm trying to save some money on hotel so that I can go on a plane/helicopter Grand Canyon trip and watch 'O' at Bellagio....... I do realize that $100 /nite in the weekends is pushing it:)

If that Aladdin rate is cancellable i would book it and then pursue other options... rates can change very quickly in Vega (both up and down) so you just want to make sure rates don't start going up everywhere and you still hadn't locked something in at the previous lower rates.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I called SPG and they confirmed that the reservation is cancellable. I have one question now, if I bid for 4* hotel on fremont st, what kind of hotel will I get? What if I want to get Golden Nugget, how much should I bid? Thanks.

The only 4* hotel that has been reported Downtown is the Golden Nugget. I suspect that if you bid this area and are successful that is the hotel you will get, but there are never any guarantees.

For the money it is going to cost you to stay there i don't think it would be worthwhile when you're able to get such a good deal at the Aladdin. As well, it is summer in Vegas, so there is a chance that something better will come along... not the ideal situation to lock in a non-refundable reservation in your 'fallback' location.

If you do want to try it you have 2 re-bid zones available at the 4* level (NOTE: in your first post UNLV-Convention Center is not a re-bid zone for the 4* level)

Select 4* Downtown...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $75, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Downtown and re-bid zone2...

Bid $79, if rejected add re-bdi zone1...

Bid $85.

I'm doubtful the above will be successful, but you do have a considerable amount of time before your stay and it would have to be this cheap in order to begin to come close to being worthwhile relative to your Aladdin reservation (in other words... i wouldn't be bidding the above). :)

I do realize that $130/nite at Aladdin is a good deal for the weekends. But the thing is if we take the Grand Canyon bus tour, it will consume 14 hrs of our day. I just can't justify paying $130/nite for the hotel and only for sleeping for a couple hours:) But I'm tired of keep looking for good deals for the weekends.....

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]