Priceline Hotel: Looking for hotel in Jersey City near PATH, please help!

honny82
By honny82,
in

Hi I plan to stay at Jersey city and visit NYC. I tried to find a 4* hotel there and bid several times.. However no luck for me.. Even I increased my bid up to $90. And that's my max bid I can offer and there are 2 people.

3* hotel is fine with me. But I guess there is just one chance I can rebid. I really don't want to bid somewhere far away from PATH.

Your suggestion will be really helpful for me and also for the LGA area too. Thanks!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

While ideally you want to be near the waterfront, PRICELINE's Jersey City zone should get you close enough to a PATH station to be do-able... it's HOTWIRE's equivalent zone that goes too far West where you could end up on Tonnelle Ave/Route 1&9 which would not be conducive to commuting to Manhattan.

However, at the 3* level you have NO re-bid zones, so you only have one chance to bid (and NO chances to re-bid).

If you don't succeed at $90 or less, do you have a back-up plan? What is the best deal you're able to find for these nites thru conventional booking channels?

For help with a stay near LGA, for a different set of dates, please start a NEW TOPIC.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If I tried several days and it still doesn't work for me. I guess I will choose a 3*+ (there are still 2 chances of rebid)or 3 * to try... And I am wondering if the price will change during this month. Glad to know that hotels in this zone is convenient to travel!

P.S I think Aug is not really popular season for most of the tourists... And my stay is during weekdays.. I was actually a little bit surprised by the price.

Thanks!

honny82,

And my stay is during weekdays.. I was actually a little bit surprised by the price.

Note that weekdays in the NYC-metro area are typically more expensive then weekends. Also, your rejected bids are not really that surprising, as this area requires more than $90 more more often then it requires less then $90.

Keep us updated on whatever you decide to do for this stay and how we can be of further help.

LogicX,

It would like be helpful to others if you posted the dates of your stay and failed bids history in a NEW TOPIC, and this will also provide a place for you to post your winning bid (once received) or whatever you end up doing for your stay.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]