Priceline Hotel: 4* London (Kensington-Earls Court) Copthorne Tara

fshwilli
By fshwilli,
in

I am looking to bid on a 4 star in Kensington area for the end of August for just 2 nights. I put in a bid of $50 which was rejected and it came back that if I increased it to $76 I would get it~! Any idea though which hotel you think it would be. I need some bidding information. My dates are 8/29 for 2 nights. Also it would be for 2 adults and 1 child......Having not stayed in London for a long time I think we are definately better bidding on a 4 star and not below. Any ideas anyone???

Thanks!! :)

That's a pretty good price - and you can probably succeed for less than $76.

But - how old is the child? I think all of the known 4* hotels in Kensington will not allow triple occupancy if the child is older than 3 (rules may differ below that age). You might be able to sneak the child in - not sure if that would work or not, but I wouldn't count on extra bedding for the child without a fairly substantial upgrade fee (if such a room is even available).

My daughter is 10 and I was hoping that I could get one room with 2 doubles in. Yes I would like some sort of stratergy for London and also any suggestions on what hotels the 4* might be when bidding on Kensington area which encompases Earls Court and Knightsbridge on their map. Thanks for any help. We looked on Kayak.com and can get Avonmore which says it a 4* for a triple room with breakfast for 160 GBP but I was hoping for something cheaper than that.

I am thinking that we would still like to go ahead and try some sort of bidding stratergy on Priceline. I looked at Hotwire and a 3 1/2* in Kensington is coming up at $170 per night. Maybe when priceline offered $76 for a 4 * I should have took that. But I do want to try again and get something or at least can you advise me what likely hotels would come up in the 4* and even the 5* range for Kensington area. Thanks for all your help. Our dates are solid at 8/29 to 8/31.......

You can see the hotels that have previously been won in this zone in this PRICELINE HOTEL LIST.

Once you decide if you want to try for 4* or 5* we can suggest a strategy. There is a good chance that the 4* at $76 is still available (and you can likely even get it for a bit less).

However, i'll re-iterate that using Priceline for more than double occupany in Europe is riskly.. their hotel standards are quite different than in the US.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm assuming price is more important than star rating, if so...

You have one re-bid available at the 4* level, if you're not sure which zone is your re-bid zone please ask for help before proceeding. This is how i would bid:

Select 4* and Kennsington...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $68, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* and Mayfair...

Bid $68, if rejected add Kennsington...

Bid $73, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi

Just wanted to post what we got. Thanks for the stratergy. Placed a bid for 4* Kensington at $60 and got rejected. Said bid $17 more. We increased bid to $68 and added Mayfair/Soho 4* and 5*. Got bid accepted for Copthorne Tara. Was hoping for Holiday Inn Kensington Forum as we need a room with 2 doubles which was shown available on Holiday Inn website but not showing at Copthorne Tara. Hope this works out!! :)

Phone them up and see what they can offer you. It will probably require an upgrade fee, if anything is available. The Holiday Inn Kensington Forum hasn't come up for a long time - it seems its Priceline rate has increased quite a bit, based on the Priceline package deal prices. If you only have the one child, a triple room should be fine, right? So don't ask for two doubles - ask for a triple room, but best to arrange it now.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]