Priceline Hotel: 3* San Francisco bidding

Guy At Large
By Guy At Large,
in

My bidding so far (and of course I start with the PRICELINE link from here)

3* - $120 - USW, we've stayed in several hotels in this area, any 3* or better would work for us,

3* - $125 - added USE,

3* - $130 - added Financial District,

3* - $135 - added SOMA,

3* - $140 - added Fisherman's Wharf, little removed from where we want to be but would still work for us.

No luck so far. I'll keep trying and will move my starting bid up over the next few attempts. Any suggestions that might help?

September is still a busy month in SF and six nights can be tougher to win than a shorter stay.

HOTWIRE only has two hotels Downtown under $140. There's a 3* in Civic Center South for $133 and a 2.5* in USW-Nob Hill for $137. (All the 4* are $200+.)

The 2.5* USW @ $137 looks like a possible match for Hotel Bijou, upgraded from 2* at last report. Icons are Boutique and Internet. Regular rate is $199.

Does this 2.5* interest you?

Or any interest in splitting your bid and staying at two different hotels? Splitting will improve your chances of acceptance and splitting may become necessary at some point, but it's very early to split now, unless two different hotels is what you prefer.

If you don't want the Hotwire 2.5* and aren't ready to split yet then all you can do is keep trying the $100-$140 range for 3* every few days now. I don't think I'd bid higher than $140 this far ahead.

Please use these HOTWIRE and PRICELINE links for your purchases. Good luck and please keep us posted.

LastMinuteTravel has a couple possibilities too:

1) A 4.5* Downtown/UnionSquare for $153 that looks like Hyatt Regency. It's a little over $140...if you want to stretch your limit for a higher grade hotel.

2) A 3* for $116 that looks like Holiday Inn Golden Gateway. That's in Priceline's Civic Center North-Japantown zone, a zone you didn't include in your PL bidding, but I'll mention it because the price is good for these dates.

The Hyatt listing is "On Request" so it can take 24 hours to hear back if the reservation request is accepted.

I tried splitting our dates into two 3 night stays and still had no luck after several nights of bidding. Mid September seems to be busy this year. Then Expedia had a 24 hour sale today and we picked up the Executive Hotel Vintage Court for 6 nights at $94 / night. That's a sharper price than others have received for similar nights on Priceline.

Thanks for the help - we'll use this forum and Priceline for our next trip.

Glad you found something that works for your needs/budget and for closing this thread with your decision.

If you didn't, please note from our support page that we're affiliated with Expedia as well as most other major hotel chains and online booking agencies, please check for and use the links there for your non-opaque purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]