Priceline Hotel: 4* San Diego (Downtown-Harbor Isld) Hilton Gaslamp

sweetevil
By sweetevil,
in

$85 Winning bid for Hilton Gaslamp

First time user of this site...

Started at $70 in downtown at 4*, and rebid with extra zones in $5 increments until $85 was accepted. Came to just under $200 for 2 nights with tax.

Expedia has this listed as 3.5 stars, but gave a best rate of $199 per night. AAA California site had it listed at $179/night. It is 3 AAA diamond rating.

Travelocity had a "city employee" rate (pretty sure I couldn't get this - would need to show ID?) for as low as $110/night (I wonder if there is going to be a city employee convention there while I'm staying there?) but next best rate was $199/night for non-city employees.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Congratulations on your win and thank you for sharing it with the rest of the board.

I would think that the 'city employee' rate is similar to a 'government rate' for which you would likely have to show id (just like you would typically have to show for a AAA rate). Fortunately you don't need to worry about that as you already have a great deal locked in. :)

Have a great stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]