Priceline Hotel: san francisco hotels

neevy
By neevy,
in

hi,this my first time bidding on priceline and using this forum.

i am looking to stay in a 3.5 star hotel in fishermans wharf,san francisco.

i am aware there are 5 3.5 rated hotels in this area on priceline.

the dates are 20/8/11 25/08/11 (4 nights)

a double room is required.

i started my bid at $85 and have since bid $90 $100 and finally $125

$130 is the most i want to bid.

i have rebid once by changing the dates(by adding a night only,my dates are otherwise unchangeable)

i would appreciate any advice as to whether $130 is a realistic final bid and whether i should bid closer to the date or broaden my search,

union square??

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please start by reading your messages.

Based upon current prices, my guess is that a 3.5* will likely take a little more than $130, but given your previous rejection at $125, you're not giving yourself much margin for success (and it is difficult to stay whether or not you're within just $5 of a win)

Why not bid the extra $5 on your next round of bidding, then if rejected, you can determine a game plan of whether you want to:

1) wait it out and try again in the weeks ahead at the same price

2) lower your star rating

3) raise your bid price

4) include other zones (as i do think you're close for a 3.5*/4* in the USE or USW zones)

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

the dates are 20/8/11 25/08/11 (4 nights)
8/20-8/25 would be a five night stay, not four. Can you clarify your travel dates?
a double room is required.
By "double room" do you mean a room with two beds? PRICELINE only guarantees one bed. If you need two beds bidding on PRICELINE in USE and USW is very risky, as several hotels in that zone charge upgrade fees, like $20-30/night, for two beds. And two beds might not be available even if you're willing to pay for an upgrade. Two beds aren't guaranteed in Fisherman's Wharf zone either but your odds of getting two beds are much better in FW than USE/USW.

If Fisherman's Wharf is your preferred zone what about bidding for a 3* there? Hotwire has a 3* in FW for $161 that looks like Holiday Inn. PRICELINE usually beats HOTWIRE on rate. $130 wasn't enough for a 3.5* in FW but it might be enough for a 3*.

Sorry for the confusion,by double room i mean 1 double bed for 2 people, i changed the dates by extending

my stay by one day,so i could rebid,ideally we would like 4 nights in San fran,"20/08/11-25/08/11. i am going to

research fishermans wharf and union square area again and the hotels before i make another bid,as we are also hiring a car on the

the last day to head down the coast,this will be a major consideration as to the nearest collection point for rental car and route out of the city.

For being close to rental cars it doesn't matter between Union Square and Fisherman's Wharf. All the big car rental companies have offices in both locations.

It's still not clear to me if you're bidding for 8/20-8/24 or 8/20-8/25, but Hotwire has a 4* in USE for $141 (for four nights) or $146 (for five nights).

That means there's a good chance you can win a 4* bidding in Priceline's USE or SOMA zones in the $100-130 range. (Hotwire's USE zone is larger than Priceline's and includes Pricelines' USE + SOMA zones.)

If you want help with a Priceline bidding strategy for Union Square let us know.

The Hotwire 3* in Fisherman's Wharf has dropped from $161 to $154.

Good luck with your decision.

Please use these HOTWIRE and PRICELINE links for your purchases.

Several 4* hotels are under $200 for your dates so I'm hopeful $130 will be enough; if not for 4* then maybe 3.5*

When bidding for a 4* in SF you have six rebid zones. Those are zones that only have hotels less than 4* quality. If you need help ID'ing your six rebid zones feel free to ask.

Please click this PRICELINE link, select USE and USW, and bid $85 for 4*.

Then add your six rebids (one at a time) and bid $95, $100, $110, $120, $125 and $130.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

See this thread: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask any questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board.

If you read the thread above and are confused just post back and we'll break it down further for you.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]