Hotwire Hotel: Slim Pickin's in Waltham Area?

bostonian2011
By bostonian2011,
in

Though I've just become a member of this forum, I've made good use of it -- including using the links -- and have derived significant value, so thank you.

I've noticed lately quite a bit of turnover in the Boston area hotels, namely those north of the city. ExtendedStay used to be a mainstay for me, and has since disappeared. Really all I am seeing now is the lowest of the low-cost providers and the highest of the high. What happened to my beloved middle tier, 2.5 - 3 star properties?

Could this be a seasonal thing? Are the hotels going elsewhere to discount? Some insidious tracking device that causes me to be sent the junkie stuff now?

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

With the busy Summer season, there may be some degree of seasonality in the results if hotels are not feeling the need to discount. Additionally, rates in a number of major cities have stayed at higher levels this Summer than the past few years.

What are your date/s of travel?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]