Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Toronto (Downtown North) Bond Place

akram_s_s
By akram_s_s,
in

Hello,

I want to book a hotel room in Toronto Downtown South using Priceline or Hotwire (3* or 4*). I am attending a conference in Westin Harbour Castle, and I prefer an hotel nearby. Budget is less than $100 per night. I shopped around in Hotwire and found the prices very high in this time of the year ($160 per night and above). Am I too early or probably too late?

I would appreciate your help.

Thanks

If HOTWIRE rates are that high you may have trouble with your budget with PRICELINE as well. It may not be a case of too early or too late, but rather that rates are simply a bit higher than usual for your dates.

To begin, do you want to try up to your limit first for a 4*, then try for a 3.5*, then a 3*... OR is your goal the least expensive 3* or better for this stay?

Also, not sure how much it will help, but is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know the above and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for your reply. I prefer not to split bids. I bid for 4* (up to 100), 3.5* (up to 90).,and 3* (up to 75) and all got rejected (I used the PRICELINE links on the board). I will try to bid more in few days.

Do you think it is better to wait and bid on the first week of August?

You know, I still don't understand why the dates I picked are so expensive. August usually is more expensive the Sept. Is there a big event on the dates I selected?

Thanks again for your help.

Well, I made a refundable booking at ~130 per night in Super 8 Downtown Toronto. I will keep bidding 3* (or more) for $100-120 per night. I may also include Toronto Downtown North since it is not that far from Westin Harbour.

Let me know your opinion about my current plan.

Thanks everyone.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]