Priceline Hotel: 1* Pittsburgh (West Mifflin-West Homestead) Extended StayAmerica WM

headinsouth
By headinsouth,
in

I'm going to Kennywood Park, but really wanted a 3 star .. none in West Mifflin ... so: bid 3 star around Monroeville $48, declined. Kept everything at 3 star Added North- Allegheny bid $53, declined. Added West Mifflin $60, decline - was told i could raise to $75 and get a room. I declined. Added South, bid $63 .. declined. Then I went to 2.5 star in West Mifflin, dropped bid to $50, declined. added 2 star in West Mifflin, bid $55 and declined. Added 1 stars in West Mifflin and bid $60 and was accepted at Extended Stay America Pittsburgh - West Mifflin --- whioch needs added to the Hotel list. I'm kind of disappointed, because I think they are only a 2 star. No big deal as long as it's clean, but it's an anniversary trip, so wanted something nice. But that's the chance you take. At least it's close to the park. ..... and I did bid through Better Bidding's PRICELINE link

Happy Anniversary! :)

Sorry to see you're not thrilled with this purchase, but for future bidding it's usually not recommended to increase your bid and lower your star rating at the same time, as discussed in this thread: If You Lower Your Star Rating Then Lower Your Bid Price. After reading this thread feel free to ask any questions you may have as well as ask for a bidding strategy before your next hotel purchase.

Thank you for using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding and for sharing your win, helping us add this property to the Priceline Hotel List.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

...since there weren't any 1 or 2 stars listed in the zone, I was really just trying to bid up my 2.5 star...

As mentioned at the top of the hotel list's, DON'T use the list to determine your re-bid zones... only use the method described here: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained

Any questions feel free to ask.

Enjoy your anniversary and upcoming stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Bit surpised this would be a 1* - I have seen it listed on Hotwire in the past as a 2*. It's not that old of a hotel - I would say it was built around 2004 or so. I drive by it on the way to work everyday - normally a lot of cars in its parking lot. There is an Econo-Lodge in this area which took over a non-franchised motel structure a year or so back which I thought would have been a risk bidding a 1* in this zone.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]