Priceline Hotel: 2* Burlington-Mount Vernon Days Inn Mt Vernon

nuxsmaniac
By nuxsmaniac,
in

Looking for some pointers for the parents...

They wanted to stay closer to the border within 1-2 hour drive from Vancouver for the first nite so any hotel in Bellingham or Mt Vernon or even Marysville area will be fine as long as it is a good value they can do 2 stars and over

Also for the second nite, they would preferred downtown seattle but I think it is pricey even for 2 stars like 6 avenue inn where I used to be able to get for a relatively low price for the winter or call and ask if they'd match priceline's price at $65; If staying in DT seattle I think the highest they would go is $100 including tax and fee all in but I think Bellvue may be a better option. Any suggestion for which area or bidding strategy? Thanks. Will use your link for sure.

Please follow-up your previous Hotwire Washington thread with whatever you ended up doing for that stay... then reply to this thread with their maximum bid (before fees and taxes) for the first nite, 7/21, near Vancouver.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... please click this PRICELINE link before replying.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Please note from our support page that we're an affiliate of the Holiday Inn as well as most other major hotel chains and online booking agencies; please check for and use the links in the support page whenever possible.

For the 7/21 stay, what is your maximum bid? Are you willing to pay more for a higher rated hotel or is the objective the lowest 2* or better for this stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I tried to use the support page link but since it is a negotiated rate over the phone as I stayed on that hotel previously from a work function. I will continuously use your link whenever possible. For the first nite I wouldn like to spend $70 or less on the bid amount; also if possible can you provide a strategy to land silver reef cascino. Thanks

For the first nite I wouldn like to spend $70 or less on the bid amount; also if possible can you provide a strategy to land silver reef cascino.
There is no way to target a specific hotel with PRICELINE, you need to be willing to accept any hotel in the zone at the star level (or higher) that you choose. If you're trying to target a specific property, or are looking for a specific amenity, HOTWIRE may be a better (although slightly more expensive) option.
Are you willing to pay more for a higher rated hotel or is the objective the lowest 2* or better for this stay?
??

Let us know regarding the star levels and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

For the first nite I wouldn like to spend $70 or less on the bid amount...

HOTWIRE has a 2* hotel in Bellingham for $59 and a 2* in Mount Vernon-Burlington for $58... would these be acceptable in the sense that we could then lower your budget to $55/nite?

Would like to get the highest rate 2* or above...

All 2* hotels are rated the same... 2 stars.

Do you mean you're looking for the highest star rated hotel with a $55 limit... or are you looking for the least expensive 2* or better?

Please clarify and we'll advise accordingly.

Unfortunately none of the zones you're bidding fall within the same PRICELINE region, so there are no re-bid zones or ways to use zone combinations to increase the number of bids you can make.

With not too much time on your side, i would try as follows:

Select 2* Bellingham...

Bid $40, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 2* Ferndale...

Select 2* Mount Vernon...

Bid $40

If the above is rejected wait 24 hours and try, $45, if that is rejected wait 24 hours and try $50, if that is rejected wait 24 hours and try $55, if that is rejected take one of the HOTWIRE offers (which will hopefully still be available/offered)

Please use the PRICELINE links on the board each time you begin your bidding.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Used your PRICELINE link and started with the first 2 and both rejected

1)Select 2* Bellingham...

2)Select 2* Ferndale...

got impatient with the try and up the bid Select 2* Mount Vernon...

Bid $50 accepted for DAYS INN MT VERNON

Days Inn Mt Vernon

2009 Riverside Drive

Mount Vernon, WA 98273

Room Cost (avg. per room, per night): $50.00 (USD)

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Guests Per Room: 2

Number of Nights: 1

Room Subtotal: $50.00 (USD)

Taxes and Fees: $12.89 (USD)

Total Room Cost: $62.89 (USD)

Not what I was hoping for but okay for the price since posted rate is at $89 with tax and this inlcludes breakfast so it meets the need. Thanks again for your help!

Congratulations on your success!

While perhaps not your first choice in the zone, glad to see you're pleased with the price and this works for your needs.

Thank you for using the PRICELINE links on the board and sharing your results, helping us add this property to the Priceline Hotel List.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]