Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Oahu (Waikiki Central) Radissson

txgeekboy
By txgeekboy,
in

I chickened out. I have plenty of time, and have seen RWPK go for $58-65 on PL in the past. I've been making PL bids every 3 days for over a month, trying to get in that range. During that time, it had been holding steady on Hotwire at $76. Then on the weekend, the Radisson dissapeared from the PL packages list (it reappeared shortly after) and went up to $78 on Hotwire. I went into panic mode and picked it up on Hotwire. The $20/day difference between what I paid and the historic low bid on PL for the last year is mitigated by 1) the fact that it's only $140 over 7 days, 2) I got $50 of that back at booking time by using the "GIFTCARD06" code (yes, it still works as of 5/21), 3) I'll get another $30 back in the Entertainment Book rebate. So it's really only $60 more, or $9/day, and who knows if I would have ever gotten that rate from PL for my dates. A bird in the hand ... Also, since the Hotwire price was starting to move up, I checked several random dates on Hotwire, and it seems their formula varies the price according to the time till the stay. The same hotel can be had for $74 in mid-November, but costs over $150 in mid-June (more than the hotel's website). In any event, $78 for an excellent hotel who'se lowest web special rate is $129 is still quite good. I'm very happy with the rate, very happy to get the hotel portion of our trip finally settled.

Anyway, for those wanting to book this hotel through Hotwire, the amenities list is:

Near Beach, Restaurant(s), Pool(s), Fitness Center, High-Speed Internet Access, Golf Nearby, Business Center, Laundry Facilities (self-service).

I'm pretty sure it's the only non-condo in Waikiki Central with High-Speed Internet Access listed.

Congratulations on your win!

Looks like you researched this one quite a bit and had a well thought out plan. It was probably too early to be bidding this every 72 hours, but at least doing so put you 'in tune' to see the price changes and fluctuations. I think the price difference that you are seeing between November and June has more to do with different rates that HOTWIRE has been given and not that they doubled their rates for the closer time period.

Glad you got this settled (at a great rate) and can now focus on other aspects of planning your trip.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]