Detroit (DTW) --> HOUSTON (IAH)

sss87
By sss87,
in

Hello,

I am going to bid - Detroit (DTW) to Houston(IAH)

This is the first time I am bidding -

Currently the base price is showing $470 + taxes = $508 for that trip

I see winning bids by priceline for this segment ranging from $200 to $360

What is my best bet? How do I proceed to get a good time and satisfied price?

Any tips?

Thanks

SSS

Welcome to BetterBidding!

How do I proceed to get a good time...
When using PRICELINE to bid on airfare you can't control your departure or arrival times and you agree to up to one connection. Given these parameters, how much would you need to save off the base fare to make an opaque purchase worthwhile?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Is that a counter-offer you received after placing a bid or a 'general' offer you received in an email? For the rate you quoted previously ($508) is for a non-stop flight or does it include a layover?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received a nice deal on this ticket... i feel like we've been seeing more successful plane tickets lately so maybe this is a sign that higher flight costs have had an effect on filling seats on flights.

What are your dates of travel? How are the flight times and what are the layover cities and length?

Have a great trip.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]