Priceline Hotel: 4* Columbus (Downtown) Renaissance

suzyfein
By suzyfein,
in

Hi! I am trying to book three rooms for Columbus for check in 7/13/11, check out 7/14/11.

Downtown

3-4 stars

$50-80

I reviewed some previous bids on this site, tried $50 for 4-star hotels on Priceline and was rejected with this message: "We're sorry, but we can't accept your offer of $50 for a hotel room in the Columbus, OH area. Your credit card has not been charged..."

To bid again, I added 3.5, and then 3 stars, and the Ohio State University area, ended up slowly raising my bid to $70 and was still rejected.

Any ideas to help me? I'm thinking I may just need to wait the 24 hours and try again at this point.

Thanks so much for any help you can provide! :)

Suzanne

I added 3.5, and then 3 stars, and the Ohio State University area, ended up slowly raising my bid to $70 and was still rejected. ...

You are aware that OSU is not a re-bid zone at the 3* level? If you added this zone when bidding 3* you could end up in this zone, is this acceptable?

Do you know if there is an event taking place in the area for these dates? What is the best rate you're able to find thru traditional booking channels?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yeah, I was okay with the OSU area.

We needed to get it booked, so one of the other travelers ended up successfully bidding and booking the Renaissance on Priceline for $124 a night. It is $199 thru traditional booking channels, so still a good deal, though definitely not the sweet deal I'd seen on these boards. :) As you mentioned, we may be traveling on a day when something is happening in town.

Thanks for your help!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]