Priceline Hotel: 3* Seattle (Bellevue) Coast Bellevue Hotel

kaledoniain
By kaledoniain,
in

Am bidding for five-night stay arriving August 18. Bid for 3 star room at Seatac then added other areas. Started at $49, including $5 bonus money, and increased adding zones up to $62 with no luck. No counter-offers either.

Am I bidding too early for this stay, do you think? I was trying to take advantage of 24-hour bonus money.

I used the PRICELINE link on this site to start bid.

It may be a bit early as we haven't not yet seen many wins (i think there might be one) for August yet. However, i am seeing rates changes throughout this date range which can sometimes make things more difficult, but the rate changes i'm seeing aren't that great.

Do you need to stay by the airport, as you might be able to get something Downtown for ~$100 or so, but not sure if the added expense is worth it to you (or what your needs/plans are for this stay)

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 weeks later...

Tried again for 3* at Seatac for same dates. Bid up to $70 (including $20 Entertainment Card bonus money) by adding all the City of Seattle zones but no success, not even a counter-offer. Tried splitting my stay with just three nights. Still no joy. Then I added Bellevue while raising bid to $75 and got the Coast Bellevue 3*, which I am reasonably happy with. I will be taking transit to downtown Seattle. Seattle seems way more expensive than last summer or maybe I'm bidding too early or something. I did use the PRICELINE link on this site.

Room Cost (avg. per room, per night): $71.00 (USD)

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 5

Room Subtotal: $355.00 (USD)

Taxes and Fees: $66.20 (USD)

Total Room Cost: $421.20 (USD)

Congratulations on your success!

We saw some 'rate creep' in the airport area starting a few months back, but recently, almost overnite and with no warning, we saw downtown rates spike and wins getter tougher to come by.

There may be a bus stop closer to the hotel, but if not, this property is about a 15 minute walk to the Bellevue Transit Center which will take you to Downtown Seattle... about a 20 minute bus ride.

Also walkable from the hotel is John Howie Steak which has a great burger special during their happy hour (which like much of Seattle and Bellevue has both a 'regular' after work happy hour and a late nite happy hour... really good burger for ~$8 and i think a draft of their house beer is ~$3 too. Good stuff!

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

thereuare, many thanks for the heads up on happy hour and the transit info. I will try the burgers. I think the header should say $75 per night as my winning bid included bonus money. $20 total bonus money spread over five nights so PL added $4 per night. So it was $71 plus $4. I should have made that clearer in my previous post.

FIXED the rate... thanks for letting us know.

BTW, the John Howie happy hour is only in the bar area... other menu items too, but the burger was very good... especially the home made bun.

For a 'relaxing' happy hour head to the Hyatt (go early) and Daniel's Broiler for a glass of wine overlooking the lake (bring your sunglasses too). They also have most of their appetizers at half price, but i found them to be just 'ok' at half price, certainly not at full rate.

There is also the Tap House, which if you like beer, has over 100 beers on tap (yes, on tap!) However, i didn't find the food here very good at all... but for a beer aficionado it's definitely worth a stop.

Also for the beer fans, and if you have a car, the Red Hook Brewery is a nice side trip (maybe 25 minutes or so) and they give a very fun tour with some beer tastings... costs $1 and you get to keep the glass. their pub food is also above average.

Have a great trip.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]