Priceline Hotel: 3* DC (Alexandria - Pentagon) Hilton Mark Center

ericding
By ericding,
in

I'm planning a trip to DC from 6/21-6/24, but have been unsuccessful bidding up to $75 for near-suburb 3* hotels for the length of our stay. So seeing a $65 3* on Hotwire for the last night of our stay, I decided to split the bid, hoping to get a better price closer to our date for the remaining two nights (but not wanting to risk missing this opportunity).

Starting my bidding for just the night of 6/23 at $40 in Alexandria-Mt. Vernon, then increasing in $5 increments with various combinations of Alexandria-MV, Alexandria-Pentagon, and Springfield, I got one night at the Hilton Alexandria Mark Center for $55 before taxes and fees.

Now for the other two nights... :)

• 2 weeks later...

I've had no success at 2.5* or 3* in Metro-accessible suburbs of DC in both Virginia and Maryland (as well as DC proper) up to $100 for the first two nights of my stay (6/21-23). So I just decided to go with an excellent advance rate of $69 per night at a Holiday Inn Express in Camp Springs, MD, near Andrews AFB. I could get a 2* for less via Priceline, but who knows which one I would get (or how disappointing it would be) -- this hotel, at least, finished room renovations just a few months ago and is cloes to the Metro.

Looks like there's simply not much availability via Hotwire/Priceline for weekdays in June, so I'm happy to have gotten one night at a Hilton, and the first two at what I hope is a clean if not posh place that's near the Branch Ave Metro station. I know this isn't a Priceline win, but I figured the data about my lack of success can inform others.

• 2 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]