Priceline Hotel: 4* Monterey Hyatt

Drew Harris
By Drew Harris,
in

I am needing to book a hotel in Monterey 8/27 - 8/29. Here are the bids I did today. None were accepted.

Monterey 4* $105

+ Seaside 4* $108

+ Pacific Grove 4* $111

Start Over

Monterey 3.5* $80

+ Seaside 3.5* $85

+ Pacific Grove 3.5* $90

Start Over

Monterey 3* $70

+ Seaside 3* $75

+ Pacific Grove 3* $80

I am curious if the fact that I am 8 weeks out, if that has something to do with my bids not being accepted or if you think I am just not bidding enough.

I have a back-up hotel already booked that I can cancel 24 hours in advance. Just wasn't sure if I should wait 6 weeks and then start trying again, or if my prices were just so low that they wouldn't likely be accepted at any time.

I read my messages and followed the link provided to access PRICELINE through better bidding.

I am needing to book a hotel in Monterey 8/27 - 8/29. Here are the bids I did today. None were accepted.

Monterey 4* $105

+ Seaside 4* $108

+ Pacific Grove 4* $111

Start Over - Close Window and Clicked on the Better Bidding PRICELINE link

Monterey 3.5* $80

+ Seaside 3.5* $85

+ Pacific Grove 3.5* $90

Start Over - Close Window and Clicked on the Better Bidding PRICELINE link

Monterey 3* $70

+ Seaside 3* $75

+ Pacific Grove 3* $80

I am curious if the fact that I am 7 weeks out, if that has something to do with my bids not being accepted or if you think I am just not bidding enough.

I have a back-up hotel already booked that I can cancel 24 hours in advance. Just wasn't sure if I should wait 6 weeks and then start trying again, or if my prices were just so low that they wouldn't likely be accepted at any time.

The issue could be that it's 6 weeks out and that your bids aren't high enough... as well as the fact that your bidding for a Saturday check-in. While it's been less common in the last few years due to struggling hotel business, Saturday check-ins can be an issue since it makes it difficult for the hotel to rent the room for just a solo Friday (since most guests would be looking to stay the entire weekend)... while i'm not sure if that is the case here, i do expect to see this situation come into play more frequently in the years ahead as the hotel business continues to improve, especially during peak season(s).

My guess is that currently you may be looking at ~$125-$140 for a 4* hotel... where and how much is your back-up reservation?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I assume the Saturday Check-In must be whats causing the higher prices. In looking at the historical bids on this board, Almost every 4* in Monterey has been booked for under $120. My backup is the Embassy Suites Seaside at $250 a night. I will go ahead and use the PRICELINE link here and try increasing my bid to 120-130 this afternoon and report back with the results.

Using the PRICELINE link, I tried bidding again this afternoon.

Monterey 4* $120

+ Seaside 4* $125

+ Pacific Grove 4* $130

Still no luck.

HOTWIRE has The Clement Monterey for $168 a night on their hot Rates. Was considering just booking that.

Was surprised that my bid of $130 was not accepted after seeing the hot Rate of $168.

Any suggestions on the next set of bids to try? Was thinking 135, 140, 145, then if I didn't get any, just booking the hot Rate. I have been checking the hot Rates every day and this is the first time the Clement has shown up. In the past, it has always been the Hyatt Regency at $198.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]