Hotwire Hotel: 3* Charleston (Downtown-Historic District) Best Western Downtown

todthebod
By todthebod,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Congratulations on your success!

Hope you're pleased with the results and this property works well for your plans.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us add this property to the Hotwire Hotel List.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I had to share this because this place was such a dump. I was already kind of put off because I noticed the hotel was listed in 'historic downtown' but it really wasn't. It was on the other side of town. I said I could deal with it and it had a pool which was a must for my 7 yr old. So we go riding to the hotel and it's in the middle of the projects. Not a big deal but you have to walk by the pool to get to the front. I look over and notice the pool is pure green with algae! It looks like it hasn't had chlorine in a month or more. No way was my kid getting in that.

I called Hotwire and told them about the pool and asked if they could help me out. The woman was nice. She put me on hold while she called the hotel. After about 4 minutes the hotwire lady comes back and says the person she talked to at the hotel said the pool was perfect so there was nothing she could do. What? I told the lady I would send her pictures of the pool but she said she couldn't do that. So now I'm pissed. I go into the hotel and start asking about the pool and I asked the girl at the counter if she would let her kid swim in that? She said no and then put it together that I was the hotwire pool complainer dude. She said the pool just got dirty overnight and they were working on it but there was no algae in it. I said that's either algae or green food coloring and that don't happen overnight. That's when I looked over at their hotel pamplet and believe it or not the pool is just as green in the pics on the pamplet!

I had to get the manager and tell him that Hotwire was going to call him so he had to tell them that yes there is a problem with the pool so I could go elsewhere. I call hotwire from the lobby and the manager explains it so they give my money back and I get them to book me a 4* that was perfect! It was the Millhouse Inn and it was really downtown and actually turned out cheaper than the BW because the Millhouse doesn't charge a 'resort' fee of $5 per person per night.

All in all it worked out but was a major hassle and it got me worked up for about 30 minutes when they said the pool was perfect. I would advise people to not select a 3* downtown Charleston just due to the fact they may get this bad hotel.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]