Priceline Hotel: 4* Newark (Hoboken-Jersey City) W Hotel Hoboken

babying
By babying,
in

I am planning our next trip and the wife wants to go to NYC. Was checking around and I think the best place to stay is in New Jersey and take the PATH over to NYC.

Plans have changed now and we are looking at July 28 - July 31.

Was going to bid on Priceline but would take Hotwire if it is close to the PATH. We definitely want a hotel at least 3.5 but would be delighted with a 4 at a very good price. Did see a hotel (Residence Inn 3 stars but includes breakfast) in Elizabeth, NJ but I am unfamiliar with the area and not sure if it is near the PATH.

So I guess my question what should I do to try and get a hotel near the PATH.

Elizabeth is not convenient to a PATH train.

Your options will largely be based upon your expected budget, what is your maximum budget (per nite before taxes and fees) for this stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I am comfortable with anything that is around $100 depending on the quality of the hotel. So what area should I be bidding on if I want a hotel near the PATH. The PATH appears to be the best option of getting into and out of New York, unless you know of a better option.

For something in the 4* range i think you'll need to increase your budget to ~$115-$135/nite... otherwise we can suggest a strategy for a 3.5* and/or 3* hotel in PRICELINE's Jersey City zone. If you're willing to increase your budget let us know and we'll provide a 4* strategy... if not, let us know if you're willing to pay more for a 3.5* vs. a 3* OR if your goal is the least expensive 3* or better for this stay.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the help.

Yes definitely would pay $115-135 for a 4 star. My biggest concern (since we have a young family):

1. Safety!!!!!

2. Location (close to PATH)

3. Somewhere where there are options to eat since I hate getting ripped off eating at the hotel

4. If availiable free parking

I think your chances of getting a 4* hotel at $135 or under are pretty good, but since you mentioned your family, note that PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy, after that it's at the discretion of the hotel... so it's possible that you could receive a room with only one bed. Is this a risk you're willing to accept?

If not, HOTWIRE allows you to search for up to quad occupancy, ensuing sleeping accommodations for everyone you include in your search.. this usually means two beds, but the second 'bed' could be a pullout sofabed, rollaway, etc. HOTWIRE does have a 4* hotel in the Jersey City area for $151/nite (your price may differ sightly) so not sure if you'd prefer to play it safe or take the double/quad occupancy risk to try to save a little more than this rate.

Let us know your thoughts, questions and/or how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

At the 4* level in Jersey City you have SIX re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Jersey City...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us how how it goes.

• 3 weeks later...

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to hear of your success... this is a very nice deal for this well located property.

Not sure how old your kids are but there is a brand new park which opened on the water directly in front of this hotel, which depending upon their ages they might enjoy.

Some local family friendly restaurants:

Margheritas - 8th St and Washington St - large portions and reasonably priced Italian food. BYOB so you can pick up a bottle of wine or a 6pk of beer along the way. Anything with red sauce is excellent. If you go on the weekend try to arrive before 6pm or expect a wait.

Village Pour House - 205 1st Street - pub/tavern fare which i just tried the other day, food was 'ok', but kids 5 and under eat for free (from the kids menu... again, not sure how old your kids are) with each paying adult from the regular menu... turned an 'ok' meal into a great value, and they treated my kids very well. (first time there so not sure if got lucky with the waitress or if they're all as friendly as she was)

There is always McDonald's and Johnny Rockets a block away, and although i try to avoid both, sometimes the kids get what they want :)

Do note that standard rooms at this hotel are single bed, so don't be surprised if a room with two beds comes with a fee to upgrade (as reported by a previous user who stayed here recently).

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay... and hopefully you get to explore Hoboken a little bit too as it's a great little town.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]