LAX (Los Angeles) -> LHR (London Heathrow)

techiefoodie
By techiefoodie,
in

Hi,

I'm new to priceline airfare bidding, but I'm hoping to get a great deal on a round trip flight from LA to London in early July (ideally 7/1-7/11). I'm quite flexible on dates and I'm willing to go last minute (as in bid day before), and I'm wondering how good a deal I can get.

When comparing on deal sites, it seems to be around $1200 for a regular round trip or $1000 if I'm really flexible and leave 7/6 instead of 7/1 according to Hotwire.

I'd like to get a ticket for $600. Do you think this is possible? It seems to me that if they have several open seats the day before, I should be able to get in.

I've tried bidding through the PRICELINE link here and so far no go. Any thoughts/suggestions/help?

Thanks!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

It seems to me that if they have several open seats the day before, I should be able to get in.
Not necessarily... try walking up to an airport counter hours before a flight... if they have empty seats you would think they'd be super cheap, but in reality they're super expensive and can be 2x-3x (or more) then a ticket booked weeks earlier.
I've tried bidding through the PRICELINE link here and so far no go. Any thoughts/suggestions/help?
How high have you already bid? Do you know the breakdown of base fare vs. fees/taxes for this route?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]