Priceline Hotel: Help on bidding strategy

fabianhdz
By fabianhdz,
in

In the past i was able to get a 4 star hotel in Jersey city for below 100 dollars, but it seems that this is now impossible...

My goal is to visit New York City around these dates, (can be a bit before or after), and get hotel around 120 dollars per day, based on this budget restriction, what do you think is the best i can get within Manhattan + Jerse City (Meadowlands)? or do i have to go to Queens/Brooklyn? is there any hotels outside of manhatan that are within a reasonable distance? Last year i got Westin in Jersey city which worked great for me.

Thanks for your advise

maybe i should add more details

i tried 4 stars in Jersey City up until 120 (used up all the regions)

then i tried 3 stars in jersey city from 100 only (since there are many 3 stars i couldnt try again, i only want to select the 1st region, next to NYC)

for NYC i used all regios in 3.5 up until 125, then i did the same for 3 stars, up until 125. only area i avoided was outside of manhattan

i took the hotel in Brooklyn hotel deal from Travelzoo. I noticed that many people here got that hotel for below 100 in other dates, so did tried Priceline, but didnt get anything cheaper. So i went with the 109 price from the hotel (which is also prepaid and non refundable, but its a good deal!)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]